𝐧𝐨, 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐞

Senku was confused. For the first time in his life, he was able to find something that even science couldn't explain.

And that something would be none other than Nanami (Y/n) himself.

The young scientist never knew why you piqued his interest. And he definitely did not know why he was trying so hard to understand you. This wasn't like him.

Where was the Senku who would prioritize science over everything else? The crimson eyed teen didn't have a single clue.

His eyes drifted towards the window, right by where you sat. He had long finished answering his test paper. It was the final day of exams. After that, would be a few days of vacation.

Today would be his last chance to figure out why you were ignoring him yesterday. Based on what he could remember, Senku didn't even do anything wrong. It wouldn't possibly be because he made you stay up with him. No, Senku knew that if you didn't want to do it, you would have left him on read then and there.

But you didn't.

Which, to Senku, meant that you cared.

Why the young scientist even gave a shit about you caring, he didn't know. This was all new to him. Sure, he was confused, but he definitely wasn't dense. Senku knew there was something stirring up in his relationship with you. Despite being a man of science, he still chose to go with the flow. The young scientist is still a teenager with hormones, after all.

The bell rang, and the students swiftly passed every paper. They all rushed out of the room, eager to finally get some rest.

But not you.

You were left staring out the window next to where you sat. Students conversing and joking around filled the ground floor. Some were planning to go to the arcade, some to the movies.

Oh, how you wished you life was that simple.

A chuckle escaped you.

Your life is simple.

You're just a dumb little boy who made it all complicated.

And because of that, you even forced yourself to ignore your friends. You hadn't heard from Hashimo or Kouji since exams started, but that was to be expected. Those two may be a bit idiotic, but they surprisingly did well with academics.

A knock on the door frame broke your train of thought.

You turn around, seeing a mop of green hair and a pair of crimson eyes.

Senku leaned on the door frame, looking at you with a blank stare. You did the same.

Crimson and (e/c) hues finally met again for the first time in a while.

"Need something?" You finally asked, breaking the thick silence. Senku stared at you for a bit longer before finally walking closer to you.

"We need to talk."

Your heart almost jumped out of your chest. It had been almost two days since you've had a proper conversation with him. You were definitely not prepared. "About what?" You shot back. Senku watched as you audibly gulped.

He sighs, "You're being very illogical with how you're handling your feelings."

An eyebrow was raised at the young scientist. "What do you mean?" You fought down some stuttering, not wanting to seem so nervous.

Senku lowly chuckles, "Don't pretend like you don't know." His tone was teasing you. This was definitely unusual. It was always you who would do the teasing.

My, how the turns have tabled.

"You want me to elaborate?" The young scientist spoke again after a few moments of you staying silent and avoiding eye contact. He didn't give you a chance to reply and started to speak.

"First off let's address the elephant in the room," He crossed his arms and took a step back. "You need to figure out if you actually like me or if you're just playing games."

Your eyes widen at his statement. This left you speechless.

A nervous laugh left you, "What do you mean,"

Senku cut you off with a sigh, "Please, even Taiju could figure it out if he looked closely." The young scientist states, looking over to you who he now realized had a flushed face.

Cute.

"If you had known, then why only address it now?" Your voice was soft, almost soundless because you didn't expect Senku to actually talk about this.

It was the young scientist's turn to stay quiet, unable to voice out his reasons. He couldn't tell you that he was actually just waiting for you to confess. He would look like a coward. Senku cleared his throat, "Stop avoiding the problem."

"You need to sort out your feelings." He took a step closer, "Do you like me," closer, "Or not?"

Your brain blanked out. You can't like Senku. You just can't, at least, not fully. The student council president, the second child of the owner of the Nanami conglomerate, president perfect doesn't have time for any of that. It wasn't worth it.

"No," You stood straight, walking closer to Senku, "I don't."

The young scientist was taken aback. He hesitated for a bit, rethinking if his next words would be okay.

"Well, I do."

Senku stepped closer, his crimson hues looking up at your (e/c) ones. "I like you, Nanami (Y/n)."

"Honestly, I don't even know how it happened." The green haired teen looked down, a bit shy. "You're so unpredictable that it's exciting whenever I'm around you." Your cheeks reddened at his words, making you look away as well.

His rambling only continued, "I also like how you could be serious when needed. I find it extremely attractive."

What.

Where is this leek getting his confidence from?!

You covered the lower half of your face with your hand, trying to hide your face that was already as red as his eyes.

"And what I don't like," Senku stepped closer, finally taking hold of your shoulders and looking at your eyes. "Is how easy it is for you to lie."

A soft sigh escapes him, "I want you to be honest with me."

You look back at him, staring at those red orbs that you grew so used to looking at. "Do you like me back?"

Your lips formed a straight line, preparing to speak.

"You want the truth?"

A nod came from the young scientist.

"I..."

I like you too.

"I'm not interested."

And he was right, it's really easy for you to lie through your teeth.