𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨-

[TW: slight sexual themes, nothing too extreme]

Senku stares at the (h/c) male as he nonchalantly sucks on a popsicle, as if they didn't almost have sex last night. It amazed him at how good you are at hiding your true feelings. No doubt, you were also embarrassed. Yet, your face held no timidness whatsoever. He wondered what would have happened if Hashimo and Kouji didn't unknowingly intervene. As his thoughts continued, heat rushed up his cheeks.

"My, it's this early and you're already having lewd thoughts. Tsk tsk." The young Nanami teases with a knowing grin. Senku rolls his eyes, helplessly trying to stop the blood rushing up his cheeks. "I clearly have no idea of what you're talking about." He regains his composure, trying to fix up his shirt as a way of distracting himself. Senku felt your eyes on him. It definitely left him insecure.

"Hey." Your voice sharply entered his ears, prompting a slightly shocked reaction from him. The (h/c) haired male found this to be utterly cute and let out a slight smirk. "Today's the last day of our vacation. You got anything you wanna do?" You asked lightheartedly. Senku tilts his head a bit to the side and ponders. He remembers there to be a festival later in the evening, though he'd assume everyone was already set on going.

He shook his head in response, looking at you as if he expected that you were the one with an agenda today. Other than the festival, that is. You laugh, immediately confirming his suspicions.

You gestured for Senku to come closer so you could whisper in his ear. He does, although a bit hesitantly.

"Wanna set those two up?" You snicker quietly. The young scientist immediately knew what you meant, and raised an eyebrow. Sure, he was open to the idea. But the fact that he just recently was exposed to things such as romance made him believe the he would be of no help.

Nonetheless, he knew he didn't have a choice on the matter when he saw how enthusiastic you were about it.

The young scientist's tired sigh already gave you the go signal, which made you grin victoriously in response.

"The fireworks festival would be the perfect set up." Senku watched as you silently schemed what would be your plans for the night. He chuckled when he saw how determined you were. The shine in your eyes definitely left him helpless.

He soon felt his stomach growling, begging to be fed. Senku's face became as red as his eyes, showing his slight embarrassment. Standing up, he decided to go for the kitchen, "I'll just be looking for something to munch on while I work on some research." He mutters, face still a bit flushed. A silent hum was all that entered his ears, seeing as you were still in your own little world.

The young scientist made his way to the kitchen and went to open the fridge. Looking inside, he saw that there was quite a huge box residing inside. Senku didn't know what it was, so he decided to ignore it for now. Once he saw the milk carton, he decided that he would settle for cereal.

As he served himself and went to eat, he swiftly took out his phone. Since it was a vacation, Senku wasn't allowed to bring lab equipment. His friends forbade him from doing so, making him unable to continue whatever project he was working on. Instead, the crimson eyed teen decided that it was time to continue his research.

Why would a huge population of swallows suddenly disappear out of the blue?

Not only that, but there were also a few sightings of carved statues that look suspiciously similar to that certain species of birds. No doubt, those two must have been connected.

What sick mind would even do such thing? What was their purpose? How did they even do it?

Senku couldn't connect the dots. It wasn't possible to turn living beings to stone. It was all just mythology. Still, the growing suspicion wouldn't subside.