Chapter 21: Family Meeting

"Is this the Son of the Antonio?"

"The Rumors are true, It seems like this is Gabriel"

"He really looks like Antonio"

"He is late, I bet he doesn't even know manners"

"He is a son of that woman after all"

Those we're the lines that Gabriel heard from the people as soon as he attended the meeting. He didn't bother to pay any attention to them. With his poker face, he took the seat beside his father who was also quietly observing.

As soon as Gabriel sat at the chair beside his father. The atmosphere of the room became heavy. It's as if a big shot was currently sitting with them, a familiar feeling of a beast looking down on his prey.

Which turns out to be the truth...

Gabriel is a beast who was raised by another beast.

"It's been a while since I gathered everyone like this," The head of the family said in his introduction. "First of all, I would like to introduce my son, Gabriel Izekielli Liz Velasquez" The Marquis glanced at his only son as he mentions his whole name.

The only purpose of this meeting is to introduce Gabriel to the Velasquez Family...

And to give them the impression that there is only one 'Heir'  of Marquis Antonio.

However, Gabriel didn't like how his Father recited his real name in front of them. This is the first time he has heard his real name since Gabriella didn't mention it to him. He was always the 'Gabriel' with no surname. 

The truth is...

He'd rather have his name short since it's a hassle to have a long name. Having a short name is beneficial.

For example.

Maria or Eleonor.

Gabriel stopped for a moment when he suddenly remembered her wife's name. He wonders if she's doing well with his sister today. He's still upset that can't come with his sister because of this damn meeting.

"For many years of our departure, My only 'Heir' has finally returned" Antonio continued as he emphasizes the word 'Heir'. The family members of Velasquez household became tensed when Antonio announced this. "He'll be handling some of our family business in the future, I hope that you will give him the respect that is fitting for him"

Some of them had a dark expression on their faces, some were completely wearing a silent face, but there were having the same reactions on their heads.

This man is the 'Heir' of Antonio.

"Brother! What are you talking about?" Henzel, Antonio's 3rd Brother suddenly interfered. "You're turning this man as your Heir? Are you even sure that he is your son? Remember what happened years ago, what if this man is only deceiving you?"

"Henzel! Don't talk like that!" Amelina, the 1st sister of Antonio shouted. "We know that Antonio won't act recklessly anymore, I am sure that our brother has a reason for this thing" She glanced at Gabriel who was the spitting image of her brother. 

"I agree with Henzel, but Sister Amelina is also Correct. Let's not talk rashly Henzel," Grego, the 2nd brother of the Marquis replied. His eyes went to the head of the family.

Grego asked Antonio. "Antonio, how are you sure that this young man is your son? Enlighten us. Although he looks like you, we still have to be careful" 

The other family members were secretly glancing at Gabriel.

However, Gabriel who was only listening didn't even falter with their words.