Chapter 31

Eisa forced herself not to drink.

She would have liked to down every last bottle in the house. But the last thing she needed was to make a fool of herself in front of Finn, who was already setting aside his opinions to help her protect Hope.

It was good that she was sober, because she received two calls that she could not have even understood if she was inebriated.

"Isela," she said, holding the phone against her ear with her shoulder while she had breakfast. "What is it? Everything alright?"

"I need to go back to Mexico."

"How come, is everything alright?"

"I— I um... I made a mistake, Eisa. I've helped as much as I can. But your siblings can care for Hope now, and I just— I have to go back. I'm too involved, and I shouldn't be."

"Isela, what are you talking about?"

"I-I slept with your brother."

Eisa bit her fork on accident, cursing internally. "What? Which one?"

"Elijah."

Eisa's eyes were ready to pop out of their sockets. "Oh. Well, now, that's— wow. Er, well, don't feel ashamed, he certainly played a role in that, too. I'll send you the information for your flight back as soon as I can, if you still wish to leave."

"I do. Please."

"Okay. Listen, please don't be embarrassed. You've done so much to help this family."

"Which is why I shouldn't have crossed the line, Eisa. I did wrong, and I should just go back. If you want to fire me—"

"Don't be silly, I'm not going to fire you. I'll get you your ticket back. No further questions asked."

"Thank you so much, Eisa."

The Original purchased her ticket right after she finished eating, and received word from Isela that she was on her way to the airport soon after. She'd hardly had time to fully digest everything before Rebekah was calling her.

"You will not believe what happened!" the blonde shrieked. "Oh, Eisa, I had to leave the house entirely because I didn't want them to hear me— Cami and Nik slept together!"

"Huh?" said Eisa, grabbing onto the nearest surface and holding herself up. "Bloody hell, what did you lot eat last night that left everyone so frisky? Are you serious?"

"Yes, I'm serious! Oh, it was a terrible night to have vampire hearing. Hayley and I had to go to the living room to watch television with Hope to block it out."

"Wait, but, did you—?"

"We didn't hear Elijah and Isela, no, she was quite good about a Silencing Spell, but Nik is so disgusting, he never bothers to let anyone know beforehand, and it always leaves us scarred for life."

"At least they got some action."

"Well, not just them."

"Bex!"

"Marcel and I may have had a conversation through text."

"Oh, you filthy little things."

"It seems you and our other two brothers are the only ones getting no attention."

"I wouldn't say that about Kol, I can imagine he and Davina will ignore my comments about her not yet being eighteen."

"You should go and have some fun. We won't be returning until the weekend is over, and it's unfair for you to be cooped in a house with Finn all day. Especially after—"