{2}- Prelude to The Grand Stage | Elements

Y/N POV

I never thought that this was going to happen. I mean, who would?

Out of all the animes I could've landed in, it just had to be this one.

I mean, I'm not complaining one bit. Not. One. Bit.

Because in the world of Re:Zero, the real fun begins.

***********************************************************************

To sum it up, I was working in my little room I created for my chemistry purposes. It was late, but so what? Many kids and teens stay up until midnight to do their things, whatever that is. In my case, it was doing school homework while doing a little research on my own. And by research, I meant testing out theories with my papers and computer, since I lack lab equipment.

My name's Y/N L/N. A half-shut-in in the middle of Tokyo, trying to decide his life choices and on the verge of breaking into sleep before he finishes procrastinating on his homework.

Being 18 years old with a nice and developed brain is not easy. It means that you have a bright future, but a lot more workload than those freeloader dropouts. As much as their life is cool, I somehow set myself up on the path I'm on today.

That is, until I bonked my head on the way down to bed on a corner, and a blinding light flashed into my eyes, forcing me to close them.

The next thing that happened was straight out of an anime. The same demihumans and dragon carriage that people see when they first start watching the anime, Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World.

To be honest, I was amazed out of my mind when I saw this sight in front of me, and it was quite concerning in some ways. I had no starting gear unlike Subaru (Tracksuit + a few instant ramen), and I'm in my lab coat, with a clear sign of insomnia plastered across my face.

Unaware of my surroundings, the appa seller tapped on my back as he asked me the same question he asked Subaru. "Hey, kid, are you here to buy some appas?"

"Sorry, sir. I'm flat broke, so I'll usher myself out of your sight since window shoppers aren't your thing." My brain did a weird flip, and I yanked myself out of there immediately. The shopkeeper looked at me as if I just read his mind, since I did predict his line.

***********************************************************************************************

Exhausted from my studies, I ventured into the slums, and hoped that one place might be willing to help me. I walked longer than I expected, but when I saw the loot house in the distance, I knew I have finally arrived at my destination.

The large, wooden house seemed worn-down, but seeing that nobody was near, I assumed it was safe, and did the thing that I saw a certain blonde-haired girl do in the first episode.

I knocked slightly on the front door two times, and a coarse voice came out from behind the door.

"For a rat..."

"Poison." I replied, waiting for his reaction.

"For a white whale..." He continued, to my surprise. I suppose I shall as well.

"A harpoon."

"To the noble dragon lord, we are..."

"Shitbags."

The door opened, and I saw the man I expected to see, but with a puzzled look on his face.

"Who are you, youngster? And how did you know the password? I didn't think Felt would tell anyone..."