29

He just stood there as he looked at his blood covered shirt and hands

He just stood there as he looked at his blood covered shirt and hands. No expression on his face. He didn't look at me once. The floor was the only thing that had his attention.

He hasn't answered my question so I carefully walk over to him, keeping some distance between us as I look if the blood may be his. It's not...

"Whose blood is that?!" Still no answer. I start to panick. I'm scared and I feel tears sting in the back of my eyes threatening to come out any moment.

"Fucking talk to me, Mason!" What did you do, baby? My shouting caused tears out on his cheeks so he looks up the ceiling and bites his bottom lip to hold back sobs. "You're scaring me..." I finally closed the gap between us and brind his face down for him to look at me.

"Hey..." I say as I wipe the tears in his face. "It's Ashley." He says. What? "What do you mean it's Ashley?" And that's when he breaks down. He doesn't stop his cries anymore and falls to the ground, taking me with him. I pull him close to my chest and knot my hands in his soft hair.

"What happened?" I'm trying to stay calm. I've never seen him like this. I've never seen him cry like that. It breaks me. "I went to Ashley's place after I left. I told her everything. I told her about the pregnancy and about how fucking scared I am of being a father. She said that she would help me talk with you about all of this." He doesn't sound like he doesn't want the baby. I'm still not sure about it...

"We went to my car.. I was only a few steps before her. The next thing I heard were people screaming and cars honking. I turned around a-and she was just laying there in front of my car." Oh god please no.

"There was so much fucking blood, Del. So much blood. And she just laid here. Unmoving. I rushed her to the hospital as fast as I could." He breaks down even more. So I pull him even more close.

"It's okay... take your time." I don't want him to finish. What if she died? What would happen to him? He finally wraps his arm around me I feel his hair getting wet from my tears that disappear in it. "After surgery they took her into some kind of coma. I would've called you but my phone died and I was too overwhelmed.... My sister is fighting for her life because of me being selfish. Because I couldn't stay at home and figure this out with you. I'm so sorry, angel."

Of course he blames himself. "It's not your fault, do you hear me? It's not your fault..." Mason gets out of my grip and now cups my cheeks. His eyes are puffy and red from all the crying.

"I still don't know if I will ever be ready to be a father. But if I would have to choose someone I would want to do this with it would be you. Only you. It's your choice what we will do alright? Just know that no matter what decision you make, I will never leave you."

All this won't be easy with Ashley and my situation. I don't know how we should handle all of that but I know that I won't leave him. Ever. "I don't know if I want to keep the baby, Mason." "That's okay, angel. We'll figure it out, okay?"

"Okay." I say as we lean our foreheads together. "I love you so much, angel." "I love you too." Forever. "I'm so sorry I did this. I'm so fucking sorry." "It's not your fault. You hear me?" I'm covered in blood now too. We need to get it off. So I get up with him and lead us into the bathroom.

I turn on the shower and slowly free him from his clothes, then do the same with mine while the wayer heats up. Mason streches a hand out and sees if the water has already warmed up.

It seems to be okay because he steps into it and turns his head under the shower head, sometimes wiping tears from his cheeks. I'm with him as soon as my clothes are off and hug him. Mason wastes no second  to hug me back. He's crying into my shoulder, whispering how aorry he is over and over again.

I take the shower head and start rinsing the blood off his body. He is tense all over. "It's okay..."
"I'm sorry, angel." "Stop..." It breaks my heart. Everything has changed so drastically in the last ten hours. The baby is also currently killing my thoughts. I'm so scared. So so scared.

"I love you." I tell him while looking if there is any more blood on us. "I love you, angel."

"She'll wake up. I promise, Mason."

The night was exhausting. There wasn't a minute where Mason didn't move around, kick me during sleep or make noises. It's the third time this night where I wake up and make a run for the toilet. I don't know how it's possible that there's still anything in my body left to throw up but now it seems like it won't stop.

Mason is with me the second I ran in there and held my hair back while massaging my back. I leave out a cry of exhaustion as I lay my head on the arm that rests on the toilet. "Are you okay?" He asks me, still holding and massaging. "No." I say while looking at him. God he looks tired. "You want me to get you something? Water?"
"No, thank you... I'm coming back to bed in a few minutes, okay?"

"Are you sure?" He asks me. He sounds worried. "I am. Thank you." Mason kisses me, not caring about smelling like puke and then goes back to bed. I stay in the bathroom, trying to figure everything out a little...

_________

Sorry for this part😬😬

Comment your thoughts!!! Love you🤍🤍