Chapter 26: Life goes your way, in the most unexpected ways

A/N Questions for you guys! How long do you expect/want this story to be? What kind of content do you best like about this story? I'm thinking about how to further pace this story, so I wanna know!

Curtis POV

I was nervously walking back and forth in the city square, looking around to see if I spot anyone resembling Myles. Then, turning the corner, I spot a familiar face, scanning around the square. Myles's eyes land on mine, and I immediately start running in his direction. 

When I finally reach him, I wrap my hands around him, "I didn't think I'd find you!" I said, smiling. Myles seemed to freeze. Only after a moment did I realize what I had done. I quickly put my hands away behind me, and cleared my throat, "Well, UM, it's getting dark soon, we should go find a moon watching spot." I quickly tried changing the topic. 

"Ok." He said, his face saying nothing. "Do you want to go to the same place as last time?"

I had just been reminded of my surprise for Myles, so smiled, "No, I've got a special spot I want to go to!"

Myles raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything.

"Let's go!" I exclaimed, grabbing Myles's arm and heading out the city. I suddenly felt my hands grow hot and sweaty from touching him. What's been wrong with me recently? It's not like I've never touched Myles before..

I snapped myself out of these thoughts and decided to focus on the road ahead. It's quite the overgrown path, since it hasn't been used in very long, but that's why it's so great, no ones going to be there, it's just going to be me, Myles and no one else..... ah, my head got hot again.

Not looking where I was going, I slipped, falling backwards. I felt a hand wrap around my waist, and a voice behind my ear go, "Be careful, this is dangerous. Why did you choose this place?" Myles asked.

I feel like I'm going to faint if my face gets any hotter, so I escape his grasp and keep walking forward, trying to control my voice. "Um, I just though...um, you know... our normal spots are always so.... crowded, and so...I just thought I'd try a new one.."

"Mn." I heard Myles nod in understanding so we kept walking. 

The spot I chose was up a hill, so the path started to become more and more steep as we reared closer. The branches started to get thicker and the roots of the trees started becoming more intertwined and harder to see them beneath your feet. Before, I had tripped only twice, but now it was every other minute.

The path continued onto the edge of a cliff. I had only seen the top of the cliff from far away, and only gone half way to check if there really is a path up there, so I didn't know this was here. I stopped and turned to Myles.

"Do you want to keep walking?" He asked.

I hesitated, but said "yes." anyway. We would be too late if we turned back now, and we're close to the top anyway. 

"Hold onto the wall, don't get close to the edge." Myles said.

I held my arm up to the wall on the other side of the path, and we continued walking. It was getting darker, and harder to see. The tree roots on the ground didn't make it any better. 

Then, as I was about to take another step, my right leg got caught in a root, and I fell , but this time, not backwards, but toward the edge of the cliff. I couldn't regain my balance so I fell off.

"CURTIS!" I heard Myles scream before I saw him falling toward me. My head was racing. I didn't know what was happening, I just closed my eyes and braced for impact.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up with the biggest headache of my life. Upon opening my eyes, I saw tree leaves high above me, only a tiny bit of light from the moon seeping through. I quickly sat up, remembering what had happened. But sitting up that suddenly made we want to die from the ripping pain caused by my headache. 

I felt something beneath me. Looking down, I see I had fallen on top of Myles. I quickly get off of him, and try to shake him up. "Myles, Myles, Myles, wake up!" I try to be gentle but since he may have some other injuries.

Myles blinks his eyes open. "What..." He says, confused.

"We fell! We fell! Are you okay??" I asked frantically.

"Yes, I'm fine. What about you?" 

"Yes, I'm fine." I didn't feel any injuries on me, and the headache will go away, hopefully.

We sat up, and once again I tried to ignore the burning pain in my skull, but I couldn't stand for long before I had to lean on Myles.

"What is it?" He asks, holding shoulders. 

"It's just my head...." I respond

Myles inspects my head a bit, and frowns. "Must be internal damage. You can't walk like this." He sighs.

"What does that mean? We have to get back hooome-" I get interrupted by Myles's arms picking me up. 

"Wait! You can't carry me the whole way!" I try to escape his grasp, but he won't budge.

"Sit still, it's hard to carry you this way." 

I stop. God this is embarrassing. Not only do I have to be carried by Myles, but my face is dark red. I can only dig my head into Myle's chest to hide it, but that just wakes it worse.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a while since we started walking, and I'm feeling more and more tired. I'm basically drifting in and out of consciousness now. I bet Myles is pretty tired too. 

We come across a very bright clearing in the woods, purple flowers covering the field, with a large oak tree in the middle of it. I look up at the sky, that was finally clear of the trees that were covering it up before. 

I tugged on Myles's shoulder, "Look, look, look" I said.

"What?" He looked at me confused. 

When he looked up, he saw the moon, in it's purple glory. It fit perfectly with the empty space of the clearing. And what I originally though were flowers, was actually just grass, covered with the light of the purple moon.

"Aren't you tired? Can we take a rest here?" I asked

"ok." Myles responded, taking us to the large oak tree, and sitting me down in front of it. I leaned against the tree, and continued to stare at the moon.

"Well, I guess our moon watching spot worked out after all, didn't it?" I chuckled.

Myles turned to me, with a slight smile, "Yeah, I guess it did."

We spent a few minutes moon watching, before we both fell into a deep sleep...