xxxiv

☠✍

Flashback...

"I was born on a small farm in the northern region of wall Rose. The land we farmed was owned by the noble Reiss family." Historia explained as she looks down at the table then meet the eyes of her comrades. "Some of my earliest memories are of helping out around the farm. But my mom spent all of her time reading books. I never once saw her do any work. She was a beautiful woman."

'Well... Beauty comes from the genes.' Y/N thought.

"Every night, someone would come in pick her up in a wagon and take her to the city wearing fancy-looking clothes. I never thought to question the way things were. But after I learned to read and write, I began to read books to imitate my mother. Only then did I learn how lonely I am." Historia continued to explain to the group eagerly listening to her back story. "In every book, I read parents would care for their children. There were stories about children talking, hugging and fighting with their parents. I had never experienced those things."

Y/N's heart and face softened. She never knew Historia had that kind of a back story. Historia's personality was never shown anything about not receiving a parents' love.

"One day, I got curious enough to hug my mother. I want to know how she would react to it. She shoved me away for the first time, but for the first time, she acknowledged my presence. So ultimately I was happy." Historia confessed. "She replied 'if only I could bring myself to kill you...' And then left. Those were the first words my mother spoke to me. After that, she left the house and began to live somewhere else.

Then, five years ago, one night a few days after Wall Maria fell, I met my father for the first time. He was the lord of the land we lived on. My mother who I haven't seen in years wore a frightened expression. My father told me I was going to live with him but people surrounded us in black clothing. My mother was grabbed by them as she said that she didn't have anything to do with me. A man asked if my father had anything to do with me and my mother. Father said no."

"My mother got kneeled on the ground as the man took a dagger from his clothes and pointed it on her neck. Mother begged at father but he ignored her. 'If only you'd never been born' then her neck got sliced. Those were my mother's last words. Moments before I was to be killed, my father proposed. If I were to be sent far away to live a quiet life, unassuming life, perhaps they could spare me and there I became Krista Lenz."

Flashback over...

"Sannes..." The other Military Police that Y/N eventually had learned his name is Ralph. Sannes was brought inside the cell as Moblit rapidly locked the cell. "Are you alright? Hey, hang on... You didn't tell them anything, did you? You didn't betray our loyalty to the King-"

'Ohhh... I guess Ralph's acting was more convincing than I thought it would.' Y/N believed as her eyes widened seeing Sannes choking Ralph. (Never knew Sannes would be into that- I mean... Moving on)