Roy Harper / Jackson

It was calm in Star City lately. The Arrow team had just defeated Prometheus and they got off the Island Lian Yu in time before it exploded.

Roy was hurt badly, but wouldn't let them take care of him. He couldn't let them see that the wounds had already started to heal. Thea couldn't take the hint, she kept trying to fuss over him.

"Thea, I'm fine, just a few cuts, that's all." Roy told her.

"Please Roy, let me see, I'm pretty sure I saw a bone sticking out of your leg." 

"If there was I wouldn't be able to walk, would I?, now please can you stop fussing." Roy shouted.

"Hey, whats all the shouting?." Oliver asked as he came into the bunker.

"I keep telling Thea, that I'm okay. I only have a few cuts, I don't need medical assistance and I don't need her fussing over me."

"Have I done something wrong Roy, I thought we were okay. I thought you liked me, I mean we have been on a few dates now."

"Wait ...what?  we haven't been on any date." Roy said shocked.

"We went to the cinema, and then you took me to that diner you love." Thea stated.

"As friends, I told you that I'm not interested in you like that, and I never will be." 

"Wait, so you two aren't together? even I thought you were." Oliver said.

"No,  I have told Thea that I'm not interested. I just want to be friends, and go out as friends, that's all, but obviously she has took that as we are dating." Roy said.

"You seem to get on, and you look great together." Felicity commented.

"She isn't my type." Jackson said irritated.

"What, beautiful, smart, clever, loyal isn't your type. I doubt you could do any better than my sister." Oliver stated like Thea was the obvious choice for Roy to date.

"I'm not doubting those things, yes Thea is beautiful and all that. But..........."

"But what?, Oliver questioned a little to harshly.

"She doesn't have a dick okay, happy now. Is that what you wanted to hear, I'm gay." Roy shouted.

Everyone looked shocked, Thea was in tears. "Why didn't you ever say anything." Oliver asked.

"Its not something I shout from the roof tops. It took me a long time to be okay with it, and I still haven't really come out. Only Lydia knows, and my.......boyfriend's dad."

"You have a boyfriend?." Thea asked.

"Yeah for the past 3 years. At the moment we are kind of doing the long distance thing, while he is in university, so its been easy to hide it from everyone, it was a little tougher though whilst at school. 

"I'm sorry for not saying anything to you Thea, to all of you. Like I said it wasn't easy for me coming to terms with being gay. At first, I told myself I wasn't gay, and that it was just one boy who I was attracted to. So I dated Lydia for a long time. She knew of course, but I was the captain of the lacrosse team, so it looked good for her to date me. I used to bully the boy I liked so no one would find out. Then one day we were stuck in the school together, and there was huge storm out, and I mean huge. I found out he liked me and it escalated from there. We started dating but kept it a secret, kept pretending that we hated each other."

Team Arrow don't know that his real name is Jackson, or that he's part werewolf and part Kanima. They don't even know that he didn't grow up in Star City. It's not like he didn't trust them because he did, he trusted his friends with his life, but he just couldn't get himself to talk about it. He talks to Lydia more then others, so that's the only one Team Arrow knows about.