Mr. Rockstar chapter 21 (edited)

Chapter 21* 

May 2011

"Zandy, are you ready yet?" 

I took a deep breath as I heard my mom call me from behind the closed door. 'No,' I wanted to say, but I really did want to do this. I was ready for this; I had been ready since I met him, even if I didn't know it. I was just having pre-marriage jitters. Nothing in my life had been just about me, and now everybody would be hanging on my every word, all their eyes on me. To say the least, I was a little nervous. 

"Zandy, do you want us to come in and talk?" I heard Amy's voice ask. I licked my lips, which were coated in a thin application of pale lipstick.  

"Please," I finally responded, twisting the lock on the doorknob. The church had provided us with a room where we could get dressed and ready.  

Amy and my mom came in, both in beautiful dresses. Amy's was a simple red dress that flowed away from her waist and just barely brushed the floor; her hair was curled and her makeup was subtle. My mom was in a black dress that had a dramatic V-neckline and fit snuggly to her body; her hair was curled at the ends and held back with a barrette, her makeup smoky. They both looked beautiful. 

"Honey, are you okay?" my mom asked as she softly closed the door behind her. "You're not having second thoughts, are you?" Both my mother and Amy looked concerned by this statement. 

"No Ma, that's ridiculous," I reassured the both of them. "I could never have doubts about Andy; he's my forever. I just...I just feel nervous all of a sudden. Like, I know I've always wanted this, with Andy nonetheless, but I don't want all the attention. Nothing in my life has been centered around me and right now it will be." 

"Hon, it's you're wedding day," Amy said, grabbing hold of my hand and giving it a squeeze. "For once in your life, let it be about you." 

"If you do it right, this'll be the only time everything will be about you," my mom reassured. "And, it's not all about you. It's about you and Andy and finally being able to say you're married. It's about God bringing you together with the one you love and cherish. Just let it be about you, if only for an hour." 

I took a deep breath, reeling over what they had both said. "Yeah, you guys are right, thanks. I'll let it be about me for today." 

They both hugged me and smiled. They told me that we were due to start the ceremony in twenty minutes, and my maid of honor and bridesmaids were coming in to see me one more time before I was married. I chuckled at the prospect of me not being Alexandria Night, but Mrs. Andrew Biersack. It made me smile. 

Sure enough, only a few seconds after they left, my line of bridesmaids and my maid of honor walked in, closing the door behind them. They all looked amazing in the black dresses with the red underlay and waistband and white polkadots.  

Taylor was my maid of honor while Sammi, Lexi, Lottie, and Scout were my bridesmaids. Jake was Andy's best man and Jinxx, Ash, Dylan, and CC were his groomsmen. They had all happily agreed when we asked them to be in the wedding. 

"I can't believe you're getting married!" they all chorused as the door closed. Soon I was rushed with bodies, all hugging and clinging to me in a group hug. They released me after a few moments of content, loving silence. 

"So, we have twenty minutes with you before you become Mrs. Biersack," Scout said, a mischievous glint in her eyes. I knew that look only meant trouble. 

"What are you guys planning?" I asked suspiciously, knowing that Scout had mentioned her plan of attack with the rest of my friends. 

"Something old," Taylor said, handing me a silver necklace with half a heart on it that twisted together with the other half. It was a a sister necklace I had bought Taylor and I back when I was younger, maybe ten or eleven. It was beautiful, and I remembered I had lost it when I had moved to California. Or, I thought I had. Evidently, Taylor had found it somewhere and kept it. She had the other half around her neck, shining in the sunlight coming through the window.