11│. . .MAKES ONE WEAK

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ . . . ᴍᴀᴋᴇs ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴇᴀᴋ ꒱

❝ WHAT'S THE VEDICT, DOC? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"You're still alive?" Five's voice cut through the silence, causing the girl to jump up and turn to face him. Great.

"Of course I am. I'm surprised you are," she shot back as her voice became immediately defensive.

He scoffed, "why wouldn't I be?"

"Maybe because you suffocated under your enormously large ego. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Maybe because you did something dumb, like trip and fall on your stupid face."

Lola rolled her eyes. "Nice to see you too, you asshole."

"Talking in the third person is a sure sign of insanity. How've you been coping with that, by the way? Crying at night are you? Scared of the dark?" he taunted her.

She glared at him and tried to ignore the prickle of hurt. "Better than when I'm with you anyway. I don't see how your siblings put up with you before you left—"

"—don't bring them into this," he interrupted her as his tone grew darker.

"Whatever. Look, I'm only stopping by, not staying. We clearly don't need each other."

"Then why'd you come this way? You were obviously looking for me."

"You wish. I'm surprised you haven't left yet."

"Believe me, I'm trying to. I was hoping not to see you."

"Well, that makes two of us."

They fell into a tense silence as both of them were in a stalemate for who would leave first. It was almost ironic, really, Lola thought. This is exactly like those boyfriend/girlfriend conversations "no, you hang up first," "no, you!" except it's the opposite.

Five was the first to turn away and he sneered slightly at their ridiculousness. During whatever amount of time they'd been apart— he couldn't keep track of the days like she could— he'd thought more of the girl than he cared to let on and had almost missed her irritating behavior. He'd say that almost anything was better than being alone, but he sucked it up and doubled his efforts to get home. Now, standing in front of her again, he was reminded of exactly how annoying she was. As he moved carefully away from her, he tried not to favor either of his legs too much. Unfortunately, she was far more observant than he gave her credit for.

"Why're you limping?" Lola asked, unwillingly concerned for the boy. Some part of her cursed at the fact that she hadn't kept her mouth shut.

"None of your business," he called back as he slowly made his way down the road. She rolled her eyes and with only a slight jog, she was able to catch up to him. 

"Yeah, 'cause you're a big, strong man and who doesn't need any help, right? How're you gonna get back to your family if you die first?"

"It's not going to kill me."

"If it gets infected it might or if there's internal bleeding."

"What's it to you? I'm just going to leave you behind anyway."

"If I help you you could repay me by taking my with you," she bargained.

"No deal. I can handle this on my own."