Chapter 25: The Queen's Spell

(Y/N)'s POV
When i woke up the next day, Kanato and Xander were not there. "Ah! You're awake!" Ray exclaimed. "Ray? Where's Kanato and Xander?" I asked while yawning.

"Oh...um...we decided that we are gonna look for the flower separately to increase the chances of finding it. Plus, the deadline's by today evening" Ray said and came to me with some fruits.

"Eat these for energy..." Ray said and I thanked him. After eating breakfast, Ray and I walked through the forest together in search for the Yellow Dust Flower.

As well were walking, I noticed that Ray was feeling off. "Ray...are you alright?" I asked. He looked at me and suddenly hugged me. "(Y/N)....youll never leave me again....right?" He asked.

I pat his back and said "of course ill never leave you....why would I do that?". "Is that a promise?" Ray said. "I promise I'll never leave you again, Ray" I said and kissed his forehead.

He blushed adorably and smiled. We continued walking till we eventually came to a clearing. We saw a yellow flower with some sparkly dust surrounding it.

"That must be it!" I said and ran to the flower. "Wait! (Y/N)! Its a trap!" Ray shouted. I looked back at Ray and felt something slither across my foot.

I looked down and there were vines wrapping themselves around me very tightly. The vines suddenly dragged me into a deep and dark hole.

"(Y/N)!" Ray shouted. "Ahhh! Help me!" I screamed. "Don't worry...I gotcha! Hold on tight!" Ray said and pulled me out of the hole while dragging the monstrous vines which was connected to a flower with sharp teeth, waiting to devour someone any second.

Ray took out a knife and stabbed the flower repeatedly. When the flower had stopped moving, I ran over to Ray. He was injured in a few spots but I tried to patch him up anyway.

"Thank you, Ray" I said and hugged him tightly. "You're welcome...I promise I'll pritect you forever...(Y/N)" Ray whispered into my ears.

After that, i picked he yellow flower and we began searching our way out of the forest. We bumped into Xander and Kanato on our way out.

"You've found it!" Kanato said. "Yeah! Let's hurry back to the castle. "Yeah, its almost sunset..." Xander said while looking at the sky.

We hurried out way back to the castle. When we finally arrived, we asked Lacey to take us to Queen Miranda's room.

Lacey nodded and knocked on the door for us. "Thank you, Lacey" I said and she smiled. "Did you get the flower?" Queen Miranda asked while looking into her cauldron.

"Yes, we did. Here you go" I said and handed her the flower. "Well done" the queen applause. "Oh Lacey! Take these humans to their rooms please!" Queen Miranda said and Lacey immediately came in.

"Yes, your majesty" Lacey said and signal is to leave the room with her. "But...Ray...I'll need you to stay for a moment...please.." Queen Miranda said.

"Alright...bye Ray! Ill see you later!" I said and waves to him. "Bye (Y/N)..." Ray said while feeling quite uncertain.

We walked out the room and Lacey began to lead us to our rooms. As we were walking down the hallways, the paintings seems to be moving.

I held onto Kanato and Xander's hands in fear of something happening. "Don't worry...I'll protect you..." They both whispered.

We came to a stop when Lacey opened a door. "This is your room, Xander" Lacey said and Xander thanked her. Xander walked in and waved goodnight.

After that, we arrived at Kanato's room. "Night (Y/N)!" Kanato said and closed his door. When we finally reached my room, Lacey bid me goodnight and walked away.

I walked into my room and looked around. It looks a little weird compared to normal bedrooms, but since this is a witch's castle...I couldn't really complain.

The blankets was a picture of an ouijia board and the pillows look like creepy voodoo dolls

The blankets was a picture of an ouijia board and the pillows look like creepy voodoo dolls. I got chills just by looking at it and was contemplating whether I should sleep on the floor or the bed.

I decided to just suck it up and sleep on the bed. I pulled the covers over me and curled up like a ball. I started to fall asleep and dreamed of me, Ray, Kanato, Xander, Celine, and Daphne.

Meanwhile~
Ray's POV
Queen Miranda wanted to see me privately so she excused the others. "Why do you want to see me?" I asked.
"Sit down...let's have a little chat" she said. I was feeling really suspicious of what's happening but just sighed.

She plucked the petals of the yellow dust flower and dropped it into her cauldron mixture. "You know....you're quite cute...and efficient..." Queen Miranda said.

"Um...thanks I guess" I said. "The mixture suddenly exploded and green smokes filled the air. "Here, drink this. It'll help you fulfill your wish" she said. "No, thank you" I said and pushed the drink away.

"But it can help you win (Y/N)"s heart" she said with a smile. "Fine..." I said and took a sip. The drink tastes weird so I coughed. After a few more coughs, I shouted "what was that?!!".

"oh...just a potion that will make you mine...you're too handsome for her...and I'm in need of a king to rule this kingdom with...sweetheart" She said and I glared at her.

But, before I could do anything, I fainted. All I could hear were evil chuckles. 'No....my only girlfriend and soulmate is (Y/N)...I'll never be yours truly...' I thought.

Queen Miranda's POV
'Yes! I succesed!' I thought happily. I carried Ray and put him on my bed and I hugged him. "My dear husband, I love you so...from now on...stay away from (Y/N)..." I whispered into his ears.

Then, I waved my hand around so that he will obey me when he wakes up. "Don't go near (Y/N)....only come to me..." I continued saying.

After a few hours, Ray finally woke up. His eyes were a shade of emerald green and I smiled in glee. "Sweetheart! Youre awake!" I said and hugged him.

"From now on, just stay far away from (Y/N)...only come to me...I love you so much, sweetheart!" I said and continued to cuddle into his chest.

"As you wish. Now, what else may I do for you, love?" Ray asked me, his eyes shining a brighter green than before with a hint of red.