LXXXII. A VERY POTTER WEDDING

A VERY POTTER WEDDING!

APRIL 1979

• • • •

 "I feel like a balloon." Holland frowned, as she and the rest of the girls were getting ready before the wedding.

"Oh shut up, you look stunning." Maxine told the girl as she was applying the finishing touches on Lily's hair.

"Look at us," Marlene laughed, "We're getting married, babies are on the way."

"We're all grown up." Dorcas smiled.

"Well, we are," Bronwyn laughed, gesturing to the people in the room, "The boys, not so much."

"Oh, I wouldn't say that." Margaret shook his head.

"Sirius put jelly in my socks last week." Holland deadpanned.

"Yeah, the boys will always be children." Margaret nodded.

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to get non-jellied socks on when you're pregnant," The Irish girl groaned, "And taking them off was even harder. I looked like I was doing yoga."

The girls all laughed, as Maxine had finished working her magic on Lily's hair and the girl stood up, turning to her friends.

"How do I look?" The redhead grinned.

"Like an angel." Alice told her.

"Who's about to marry a man-child." Marlene added.

"Then it's perfect." Lily said, as Peter popped his head into the room.

"We're ready for you, Lily."

Lily nervously turned to the girls, "Let's go get me married."

***

The wedding had gone off without a hitch. It was a small wedding held in a quaint church, considering the dangers of the war.

Holland stood in the tent where the reception was being held, watching the newlyweds dance together lovingly.

"Miss Lux." A voice that she had dearly missed greeted Holland, making the girl turn around.

"Professor McGonagall," Holland smiled, "It's good to see you."

"And you, Miss Lux," The woman said with a small smile, "I heard about your loss. How are you?"

Holland let out a soft sigh, "I'm as well as I can be."

"That's good," Professor McGonagall nodded with a soft look on her face, "Congratulations on the baby." She told her ex-student, gesturing to her baby bump.

Holland looked down, running a hand over her stomach, "Thank you. I'm very excited."

"As you should be. A child is a wonderful gift."

Holland nodded with a soft smile, "That it is."

"Sorry for interrupting," Sirius said, joining the two women, "But I was wondering if I could borrow Minnie for a bit. I believe you owe me a dance."

McGonagall rolled her eyes, as Holland sent her a confused look.

"I lost a bet." The Professor sighed, as Sirius dragged her onto the dance floor.

Holland let out a laugh as she watched her old professor dance with the dramatic boy.

"As if he didn't torture her enough at school." Remus chuckled, as he walked up to stand next to the Slytherin.

"Right?" Holland giggled.

"You look lovely tonight, by the way." Remus told the girl, rubbing the back of his neck.

Holland blushed, playing with her fingers, "Thanks. As do you."

Remus leaned forward, looking at her baby bump, "And you're making a lovely appearance tonight, too, little nugget."

This made Holland laugh, as he hand rested on her large bump.

"Do, um," She stuttered, "Do you want to feel the baby."

Remus' eyes lit up, "If that's okay." He nodded.

Holland smiled at the brunette girl, gesturing for him to go ahead.

Tentatively, and with shaky hands, Remus reached his hand out, resting them gently on Holland's baby bump. After a moment, the boy gasped with a smile.

"Did they just kick?" He asked.

Holland nodded, "He likes you."

Remus smiled and blushed, removing his hands, looking out at the dancefloor, "Wanna dance?"

Holland grinned, "I would love to."