Chapter Seventeen

N O A H

Ever since Isaac left to go to Katy's, I had been pacing around the house, not able to shake Bellamy from my mind.

Who was that guy? Where were they going?

I slapped myself in the face a couple of times, trying to rid myself of these sinful thoughts. Thoughts I had no right having about my best friend's little sister.

She had demons of her own. Demons I helped create, and she didn't need mine added to the mix.

I was still a little broken by her admission, telling me that I was partly responsible for her feeling miserable the last couple of years, and if I could turn back time and change it all, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

But I couldn't.

So now, I had to keep my distance another way, trying not to offend her every time I opened my mouth. She deserved better.

An hour later, I was still walking back and forth through the kitchen, my hands occasionally going to my phone, in which I had saved Bellamy's number. For emergencies.

And this wasn't an emergency. No, she was having fun with some guy at a restaurant.

I imagined her bright face, dark lashes surrounding big blue eyes, the color brought out by her dress, and her silky soft hair, that looked like liquid gold, flowing down her back.

It would look even better wrapped around my hand as I...whoa ok.

I sunk into the couch, flipping through the Netflix library, in search of a distraction. Eventually, I gave up and just put on some music.

Around midnight, I felt my eyelids go heavy, and I was about to head to bed when I heard the front door open.

Bellamy tried to be quiet, which I appreciated, but I was awake anyway. She made sure of that.

"Finally," I muttered softly, watching her walk into the living room in that little blue dress of hers. God, those legs.

"Uhm, hi?" she mumbled, frowning at me, and I looked into her eyes.

Blinded by whatever the fuck I felt for her, I took a step in her direction. "Had fun?"

"I did, actually, thank you for asking."

I clenched my teeth at the sarcastic comeback, and I tried to stay calm, but that was almost impossible with her so close to me.

She walked away, heading for the stairs, but I stopped her.

"Noah," she exclaimed, her eyes going from my hand on her arm to my face. "What's your problem?"

Oh, I have plenty of problems, Goldilocks.

I scoffed, releasing her, and I rubbed my hands over my face. This girl. Did she really not know?

"Are you blind?" It came out before I even knew what I was doing, but she remained surprisingly calm, just raising her brows.

"Excuse me?"

Jesus.

"He's so fucking in love with you, people on the other side of the world can see it," I said, raising my voice a little. I shouldn't have, but I couldn't help it.