Sam, Son of Wil

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

It's not often you have Captain America knocking on your door, asking for a place to "lay low". Naturally, Sam Wilson agreed. 

What was he gonna do? Say no?

An hour later, Sam was standing in his kitchen, making breakfast after his run.  Steve and Natasha were showering or whatever superheroes do. That's when Sam saw a car pull into his driveway. 

Car doesn't exactly do justice to the vehicle. It was technically a sports car, but Sam felt that was a terrible way of describing how the midnight blue vehicle looked. A terrible way of describing the way Sam would give anything to have five minutes behind the wheel. 

Sam practically dropped his spatula when the driver stepped out. He wouldn't be surprised if she was a supermodel. Her blonde hair was perfectly straight, not a single curl in sight. She was dressed in all black, excluding the dark green bikers jacket she wore. 

It was when she moved her sunglasses so they were resting on her head did Sam recognize her. 

"Hello, I'm Marlene and I'm sorry to bother you," the woman said kindly when Sam opened the door. "But have you seen my brother? He's about six feet tall, nothing but dumbass. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. Did I mention he's a dumbass?"

"Um . . .Cap," Sam shouted through the house, not taking his eyes off of Marlene. "There is someone at the door for you."

There was a faint reply before two sets of footsteps could be heard moving through the house. 

"I'm Sam Wilson," Sam stuck out his hand for Marlene to shake. 

"Marlene Rogers," she smiled, shaking his hand firmly. 

Sam moved to the side, allowing Marlene access to his house. It's pretty simple but comfortable nonetheless. 

Steve and Natasha entered the dining room. She was dressed in all black. Her red hair fell around her shoulders. He wore a simple dark blue t-shirt and tan khaki. 

"Hey, Marls," Nat grinned brightly. 

"Hey, Nat!" Marlene smiled. "Glad you aren't dead."

"I can't die without saying goodbye, can I?"

"No, you can't. If you do, I might just have to bring you back to life and kill you again."

When Marlene turned back to her brother, all traces of her happiness were gone. She crossed her arms and pursed her lips in disappointment. 

"Sit," she ordered, pointing to the chair. 

Both Sam and Steve sat. Steve looking like a sad golden retriever being lectured for eating a shoe. Sam just looked . . . confused?