Chapter 28 - Losing The First Kiss

"You still have a good taste. It did not changed at all" Sumeska said while sipping on her tea. Four of them seated in Chityakanta's room while enjoying the tea.

Chityakanta smiled "this is the new taste that Nandini gave me. The tea has fragrance and also it taste good"

"Of course, I can see the how empress is taking care of you" Sumeska laughed.

"Lakshya dear, what are you doing this day?" Chityakanta turned her gaze towards the small figure beside Sumeska.

Lakshya was silent all the time but started when she heard her name being called suddenly. She composed herself before displaying a sweet, charming smile on her face "your highness, I am learning a new embroidery technique this days"

Sumeska smiled "Lakshya is always like this. At home she will stay in her room most of the time learning something. She is a quiet girl actually. When she heard I was coming here then she insisted on going along so that she can take care of me"

Chityakanta nodded and did not mind hearing the praise "of course, daughters all like this. Sweet, gentle, understanding and caring. Though I don't have my own but I am glad that my son has given me one by marrying Nandini" her face displayed a proud look. In the session of praising how can she let go of the chance to showcase her beloved daughter in law? Afterall it's all about women thing.

Sumeska's smile stiffened slightly. She deliberately used praise to give a good impression of her daughter before them but she never thought Chityakanta will add her own. The smile on her face remained same but inside her heart now burning with jealousy. Why it have to be that she got to marry into a marchent family while Chityakanta was lucky enough to get marry a prince while both of their status were same. Then after marriage though Chityakanta does not have her husband's support but she actually become a empress dowager and respected greatly. But on the other hand she have to face her husband marrying bunch of woman and favouring them. She couldn't bear when her husband brought back a beautiful brothel woman, so she left the house angrily and pulled Lakshy with her and come to the temple to relax but unfortunately she again meet Chityakanta here.

But afterall sorts of thinking her mind drove back to the plan she made and her heart feel at ease. She just have to wait a little longer then she and her daughter can raised in power. Thinking this she cast a glance at Nandini who did not said a word but sipping her tea and smiling at Chityakanta.

"Empress is really considerate. I can see that her calm bearing and kind heart" Sumeska praised.

Nandini raised her head and looked at her "respected aung praised too much. I don't deserve such great praising. Besides doing mistakes are human nature and may be there will be time when something like that happens so for thinking that I couldn't accept aunt's praising"

Sumeska's face sank. She couldn't believe this is the second time the new Empress rejected her kind gesture. She thought if she take Nandini on her side then may be she can use her to make her daughter raise in power and position but she never thought the other party will reject it directly on face with such reason where she can't refute back.

"How understanding!" Sumeska forced a smile. From this point she finally understand that the new Empress is not someone to be fooled easily. She have to careful about her.

Just then a maid walked inside bowing her head "apology for interruption your highness but his majesty is looking for her highness the empress"

Hearing the word his majesty Sumeska's face revealed a smile. Her guess was right. The emperor is here too and this will be a great chance for her daughter.

"I will excuse myself then" Nandini stand up "mother, I will leave first" she uttered before leaving the room without a second glance.

When Nandini walked inside her room she saw a table full dishes displayed and Manik was sitting while drinking tea. She walked closer and gazed at the dishes.