𝟽. [ 'ʙɪɢ ᴅᴀʏ' ] ⛈️

A few days have passed since the announcement of the ball in honor of your father's 56th birthday, and the guests from Fontaine. Now the day has officially come, the manor is as busy as ever. With staffs walking around, boxes all over the main entrance, the aroma of desserts prepared in the kitchen. It's been a while since you've had a big celebration.

You have now entered Angel's Share to check the remaining drinks that weren't sent yesterday. To your surprise, Diluc wasn't around, so you were able to let your guard down.

You carefully looked at your clipboard, and back on the boxes in front of you. Reading boring stuff and then marking it with a check eventually.

"aren't you supposed to be in your room, dressing up?"

"I knew it was too good to be true" You sighed and turned around. Diluc was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed just beside the door.

"aren't you supposed to be helping your brother?" You faked a smile. "oh? Is that a trick question?" He approaches you.

You gestured your servants to pick up the boxes since you've finished checking the list.

"I'll be taking my leave" Your eyes narrowed as you gave him another smile.

"are you still up for the dance?" He suddenly questions. You then stopped in your tracks and thought about it. "If you don't bother me too much or humiliate me, I'll consider" Were your final words after leaving the tavern with your servants.

"who in Barbatos' name gave him a speak-from-your-heart potion?" You thought to yourself as you rolled your eyes.

Sitting in your carriage, awaiting to reach the manor, you suddenly had some suspensions about Diluc. He's suddenly attending a ball even though he's never attended one his entire life. Sure, people try new things, but he was even so considerate about dancing with you. Could it be that he's waiting for the right moment to expose your secrets?

But you'll have to expose him too, he's smart enough to think about that. The last answer is maybe he's in love with you, but that wouldn't make much sense. So you'll have to stick with the 'he's gonna expose me' answer.

whatever he's up to, any red flags at all, you must prevent that from happening. You're a smart girl, you too, always have an ulterior motive.

Don't try to bring up that one subject you failed in-

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•

"Lady (Y/N), welcome back. The gowns have been prepared in the wardrobe, have your pick" Rosaria said as she walked with you to your bedroom.

"As in plural? Oh no, I don't need them! I'll stick to the one I wore last year" You said and entered your closet where all the gowns were found. There were staff members there too.

"You mean the gown you wore when you were 17?" Rosaria raises her eyebrow.

"has it really been that long?" You chuckled. "this is too fancy though, can't I wear a dress I'd wear on a normal day?" You slightly whined at Rosaria which just rolled her eyes.

"this is a ball, of course it's fancy" She sighed and picked a random gown displayed in the hangers the staff were carrying.

"how about this?"