Chapter 2

Once Fern and Fawn reached outside of the palace, they agreed to go on their separate ways. Almost everyone in the capital knew who they were and avoided them in fear of their mysterious powers.

Fern went along the nearby shops that were selling many....interesting things. He went into a shop where they were selling cute stuffed animals. There was one that looked like the Phoenix he would summon from time to time. He picked it up to examine it further. It was....cute.

"Hey!," a short, pink pigtailed girl yelled at him. "I was going to get that!"

"Ah..sorry," he said handing it to her. "My apologies, the names Fern, you?"

"Hmph, well I suppose I'll grant you my name, I'm Mine-," she stopped herself and took a look at the tall stranger in front of her. Long blue-white hair, light gray eyes, tall, a mask covering his nose and mouth, and name is Fern...

"Wait! You're the emperor of the Fye Empire!?," Mine shouted.

"Yes, but please don't yell," he glared at her. "I would prefer to not catch attention."

Mine flinched at his cold stare. "Got it..."

Fern continued to stare at her before asking, "Do you..?"

"D-do I What?," Mine stuttered.
"Please don't shoot a lightning bolt at me with your stupid powers!," she thought.

"Do you have any recommendations for me? I would like one of those animals as well."

"......What?"