Chapter 33

Weeks went by and before you knew it summer break was over. Charlotte and Asher have arrived back at Academy. Ain was already there waiting for the both of them, Huston also came back after visiting his parents. Charlotte was glad to be back.

It was a new school year, Mabel was gone from the Academy and is now aiming to become a well-known swordsman. Now there was left three of the student council.

-

Charlotte back at her dorm she shared with Huston, she goes into the room.

"Huston! Long time no see."

"Charlotte, you better explain yourself."

"Explain myself?"

"About you and Ain, rumours spread around the whole campus that you two are dating and went to Elrod together. He was revealed as the missing second prince of Elrod. News spread at the speed of Mach 20."

"..."

The two sat on the coach, Charlotte calmed herself down and she explained about how she accidentally said "lover" and got Ain involved in her matters and her little trip too.

The silent continued for ages. Huston decided to break it.

"I see... well you better go do something about it immediately till news spreads even further."

"I think so too, thanks for hearing me out. I'm gonna go to Ain's dorm."

Charlotte turned on invisibility, she sprinted to Ain's room and knocked on his door. Revealing herself afterwards.

"Is my brother in there?"

"No, he went out. It's only me."

"Alright that's great let's head inside, we need discuss some things."

-

Charlotte takes a seat and Ain prepares some tea and takes a seat himself.

"Hm, so what's wrong?"

"You know about the rumours about us right?"

"Yeah, I'm aware."

"What are we supposed to do about them?"

"The rumours are about us dating right?"

"Your point?"

"My point is I think that, we should date for real."

Charlotte spits out her tea she was sipping on out of shock.

"What?"

"Let's date."

"..."

"Can I have some time to think about it?" Her face was glowing red. Receiving such request so randomly. Is this a confession? Who knows.

"I'll give you all the time you want, I just want an answer." He says, with a slight grin on his face.

Charlotte takes her leave and turns back invisible, walking slowly to her dorm. Trying to process what she had just heard. Does he like her or does he not? Is it just a way to fool the public? Will he play with her? Charlotte was filled with questions. Charlotte opens the door to her room and reveals herself, closes it and places her back on the door sliding down for her to sit on the hard floor. Huston was just confused.

"So? What happened." Huston asked.

"He asked me to date him."

"EH?"

"It was so random even I couldn't believe it myself."

"So are you guys dating for real now?"

"Nope, I haven't gave him an answer. It's just a lot to comprehend you know."

"Well you should think it through thoroughly."

"Yep, I will. Im gonna go to my room now."

-

Charlotte was lying flat on her bed, thinking what she would do.

"Yes... no? Hmm no. Ahh but yes.. I give up." She let out.

Well he did give me all the time in the world to think, I don't have to give him an answer immediately. Yep yep, we can just stay friends for the time being. Mhm.

Charlotte procrastinated, leaving the question behind not wanting to answer it. It was for the best, or was it? She kept getting lost in thoughts and couldn't focus on anything.

They had three days to prepare for a new semester and before class restarts. Charlotte and Huston were now second years, Ain a third. Time went by quickly.

Charlotte overworked herself once again to get her mind off Ain and studied for the whole year's class. Huston had to convince Charlotte to get out of her room but she didn't budge for two days straight, living off on water. Her eye-bags darkened each day, she was tired but kept going. It felt like nothing could stop her, she just wanted to keep studying so she could ace everything and meet with everyone's expectations again. Truthfully, she wanted to be the best of the best not wanting to disappoint anyone.

Atlas, it was the last day of her 3 day break. She finished studying and memorising the formula and spells, everything was gonna go according to plan. Charlotte tried to get up to eat but her legs were moving so she used her divine energy to nourish herself again and fell asleep. She was exhausted from constant studying. It was good that she didn't study for another day or else she would've became a weak frail human and would faint nonstop.

She slept for a good 20 hours and woke up just in time for the first day of class. She finally felt energised after days. Huston and Charlotte got ready for breakfast. They went to the cafeteria, rumours and whispers surrounded them about Charlotte.

Word sure does spread fast doesn't it?

A group of girls came up to Charlotte, standing before her. They threw a paper ball at her.

"Listen Miss Charlotte, Ain is ours. He rightfully belongs to the Ain Fan Club."

Ain fan club? Hah.

"He isn't an object to be claimed, and if you have any problem with my relationship with Ain. I suggest you back off before I shove my chopsticks down your throat." Charlotte threatened, giving them a deathly glare while walking around them. Huston followed.

They got their food and went to their tables, females eye's were landed directly on Charlotte. Ain also had came down for breakfast and went to Charlotte's table. More glares were fixated on Charlotte. Of course Charlotte didn't like those stares so she scared them off with a glare. They knew what exactly she could do to them, and it wouldn't be nice.

The trio was once together again, they had fun talking and finished their meal. They returned to their separate classrooms afterwards.