30: Vulnerary

Chapter takes place at the same time of chapter 28 and Ares' POV of chapter 29

YouTube is my only way to learn how therapy sessions usually go for patients with PTSD and Nymphomania, so any criticism would be welcomed :)

Don't forget to comment!

I wrote in a haste so there might be grammatical errors. Point them out if you find any.

"Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real."

Cormac McCarthy,

Vulnerary (adj.): Something that heals

): Something that heals

Adrianna's POV:

My fingers trembled as they hovered over the dial pad, the agitation creeping in my veins.

There are times when you doubt yourself. There are times when your morales cloud your judgement and you go for the option that appeals to your morals rather than catering to your logic.

I was having one of those times.

I was doubting myself, yet I knew what would be the most rational thing to do.

My fingers clenched around the phone as the dim light of the screen blinked up at me. The constant thrum of the rain was like a harmonious orchestral play in my ears.

Old Adrianna wouldn't have hesitated, she would have picked up the phone and dialled at the first opportunity, telling him yes.

The new me, however, was the version of me that rose from the ashes like a phoenix spreading its wings, purified by golden flames. I had a different story to tell.

The new Adrianna was hesitating, she was doing something that catered to her feelings rather than her logic.

A breath escaped me as the contact 'Archer' blinked up at me.

Ares did not only shape me into a human being that had begun to think for others, he had also shaped me into something that cared for herself instead of constantly doubting herself.