020

Chapter Twenty:
Eating Out or Ate out?

Reneé Trinity Jackson Chicago, Illinois

Chicago, Illinois

Reneé was in her office at 7am in the morning and was just making sure that everything was on track. People on social media would talk about her fast growing success and she'd always see people questioning how she'd gotten so many followers on her personal and business accounts.

It was all due to consistent hard work. Since she was 14 years old, Reneé used to do all the church ladies' nails, all her relatives and Reese even used to let her practise doing lashes and nails on him in secret. Some of her early business posts were done on his hands and lashes. Reneé had worked hard, her 100k+ following hadn't just sprouted from her ass, she'd sacrificed having friends or the teenage experience and it was finally paying off.

She could now afford getting a new apartment in the safer, richer part of Chicago. In a month or so, she'd get a new car and then focus on opening another beauty salon in the next state.

Sipping on her coffee, she felt that her mom would be proud of how far she'd come. She'd be proud of her daughter's success. However, she didn't know if Alyssa would be happy with the man she was dating. She felt a pang in her heart knowing that her mom probably wouldn't accept Cameron.

Reneé grabbed her phone and looked through his Instagram. She shook her head as she noticed that he hadn't posted in a while. All he did was stay out all night,work all day at the club and repeat.

"This man is driving me crazy, I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing." She mumbled to herself as she stood up straight from her seat and walked out her office.

Her heels clacked as she fixed everything to her standard. She did this every day, just because she had her own business didn't mean that she could slack off.

Turning on the Radio as she checked everything, Reneé listened intently.

Good Morning Chicago and it's Michael Lennard, we are reporting back with the last at news. During the last week there have been multiple murders each night. With 7 or more black men dying every night.

Police are trying hard to find clues but they assume that it is gang related, however, that is not set in solid stone yet. Suspects are yet to be named but authorities believe that one gang is likely doing what is called a purge; which is cleaning out all the rival gangs before making a major move. What move? They are unsure.

We urge all civilians to stay safe, stay protected and be alert. If you see anything suspicious, call the police immediately. The fight against violence starts with us.