li. the argument that's been brewing for months

chapter fifty-one

─── the argument that's been brewing for months

          𝕬nxiety and me were good friends, especially when it came to prophecies. The last few times I'd been involved with them, I'd almost been killed by a cyclops, then the Stretcher, then Medusa, then the Furies and then a dragon had almost ripped me in half.

Trauma. Yay.

"Grover, take Travis and carry her back to the attic," Travis groaned, as he and Grover picked the mummy up and trudged towards the Big House. "We'll have a meeting of the camp leaders. Take ten minutes to change out of your armour and get cleaned up, and then meet in the dining room."

I nodded, sharing a look with Silena and Beckendorf, before we all dispersed back to our cabins. Eleven was practically empty, and I was more than ready to head for the showers, before a hand caught my arm.

"Luke," I turned to Brooke, who was looking conflicted. "I want to-need to come."

"What?" I questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

"If this is Puck, then I need to talk to him. I've got to try and persuade him to come back to the good side." Brooke shook her head. "You've all had your chance, now it's my turn."

"I see," I muttered, before nodding to the showers. "You use it then, I'll shower at Three. See you at the meeting, ten minutes, yeah?"

"Got it," She grabbed her spare clothes as I jogged to Three. I'd used the showers in Three before on multiple occasions, mainly when Eleven was too full up with new campers. As Andi was the only child of Poseidon at camp, she often let the other campers use her showers.

Stepping in, I quickly washed the sweat and water out of my hair. Getting out, I dried off, before pulling on jeans, an dark shirt and a thick hoodie, as the cold started to sweep through. Leaving my armour by Andi's, I picked Backbiter up and pulled on shoes, before heading out of the cabin to the Big House.

The council was held around a Ping-Pong table in the rec room. Dionysus waved his hand and supplied snacks: Cheez Whiz, crackers, and several bottles of red wine. Then Chiron reminded him that wine was against his restrictions and most of us were underage. Mr. D sighed and turned it to diet coke, but none of us drank it.

Mr. D and Chiron (in wheelchair form) sat at one end of the table. Zoe and Bianca (who seemed to be Zoe's personal assistant) took the other end. Thalia, Brooke, Grover and I sat along the right, and the other head councillors—Beckendorf, Silena Beauregard, and the Stoll brothers (who'd replaced me)—sat on the left.