Splinter x Mom reader Part 2

Requested by @Catwoman_Diamond

Title: News Part 2

Note: (d/n)= daughter's name

"Okay, what did you boys need to talk to me about?" I laughed as I was pulled into Donnie's lab with all four boys. Leo pulled a chair over and Raph helped me sit as Donnie closed and locked the door. I rubbed my swollen stomach and looked up at the boys, who all looked nervous. My smile slowly faded and I switched between avoided gazes.

"Maybe this wasn't a good idea." Leo muttered to Raph, who slowly nodded, not looking at me. He played with his fingers and looked at Donnie, who just shrugged.

"You know what? Nevermind. We changed our minds." Raph shrugged with his hands at his shoulders and walked over to me, holding out his hand to help me up. With a suspicious gaze, I let him and then slowly made my way out of the lab, locking eyes with Mikey, who had been staring at the ground, but then made the mistake of glancing up at me.

"Mikey?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and Mikey looked pleadingly to Raph, who just looked at him and shook his head slightly. Mikey looked back at me with faux confidence that faded when he saw my raised eyebrow.

"Mikey." Mikey couldn't hold it anymore.

"Master Splinter wants to-" My eyes widened and before Mikey could finish, there was Leo with his hands pressed against his mouth, laughing nervously.

"He doesn't know what he's saying." I gave them a look and then waddled away, intent on asking their father what they were up to.

"Yoshi, the boys are acting quite weird. Do you know what's going-" I walked into our bedroom to see Splinter and (d/n) conversing quietly, shushing each other when they saw me. "And now you two are doing the same thing. What's going on?" I crossed my arms and Splinter sighed and stood up, making his way over to me with his hands behind his back.

"Ah, well, you know my boys. Always up to something. Don't let them stress you out- you should go rest on the couch and watch a movie." And with that- and a quick forehead kiss- he closed the door and I was alone again. With a sigh, my eyes began watering as I slowly walked over to the couch, carefully sitting down and grabbing the remote. Feeling down, I put on What to Expect When You're Expecting and softly patted my stomach as I felt the tiny kicks that jolted my skin.

When the movie was over, I turned the t.v. off and stared at the blank screen, humming quietly under my breath as I wondered why everyone was acting so suspicious. The boys never hid things from me and now they were doing it so easily- though, Mikey's struggle to do so didn't surprise me. And what did he mean when he said his father wanted to? What was he going to say? It was obvious that I'd probably never know. But, even when I asked him about it, he pushed it away and went back to talking to (d/n). What were they talking about?

(D/n), unfortunately, had inherited the ability to keep secrets from her father- so asking her would solve nothing. What was I supposed to do? At this thought, I began tearing up again, this time letting the tears fall onto my belly as I sobbed, leaning my head back onto the couch. I guess everyone heard because in a matter of seconds, the boys and Yoshi were in front of me, grabbing my hands and asking what was wrong. It instantly warmed my heart seeing how protective they were, but as soon as that thought crossed my mind, I pushed it away and did the same to their hands.

"You've all hiding something from me all day! What did you expect the pregnant woman to do?" I hiccuped, wiping my nose as I sat up straighter, sighing deeply. I now felt a lot better and realized how it must look for a grown woman to be throwing a tantrum just because she was out of the loop on something. I instantly felt ashamed. "Nevermind, I'm fine." I began to sit up but Splinter gently pushed me back down, sighing out a laugh. He made a gesture and Mikey stood up, running for our room as he turned back to me.

"We're sorry for that love, but you'll understand in just a second." Mikey came back with (d/n) in his arms while her tiny hands were cupped around something tiny. I opened my mouth to ask what it was, but before I could, Leo's hands were over my eyes, keeping the view. I grumbled and he sheepishly apologized, shifting. Before I could say anything else, the hand was gone and Splinter was in front of me.

Kneeling.

With a box.

The turtles all kneeled behind him, (d/n) sitting on Leo's shoulders. I instantly began crying again, not even being able to get any words out as I fanned my face, sobbing intently. I wiped my face and thanked Donnie when he leaned forward and offered me a tissue. Before anyone else could react, I was scooting forward on the couch, throwing my arms around Splinter as he gently hugged me back, laughing breathlessly.

"But, mom, you never answered." Raph said, tilting his head as everyone else nodded. I laughed and stood up, looking up at everyone, who did the same.

"That's an obvious yes." I smiled as the boys whooped, running around the room, taking turns tossing (d/n) back and forth between them. I turned to Splinter knowing not to worry- they would rather fall then let her hit the ground.

"So- that's what everyone was hiding?" I smirked, playing with Yoshi's hands as he chuckled, taking the ring out of the box to put it on my hand. It was a regular ring- nothing to extravagant- but beautiful all the same. He nodded as he pulled me into an embrace, sighing gently.

"I'm so happy." I whispered quietly, beginning to tear up for the third time in two hours. I hated it, but Splinter did nothing but nod and wipe my tears as we turned to watch our kids together, nothing but love and joy in our hearts.

updates are going to slow in a few days as i'm about to start college, literally on my birthday (tears) jk i don't care.