Chapter eight

1990

Narcissa sat in the uncomfortable chair, she had started coming to st Mungos every single day ever since Draco had turned ten, because he reminded Narcissa more and more of Cassiopeia everyday. It was unsettling to see so much off her in him.

"Mum a load of ministry officials have just been asking about aunt cassie at the front desk" Draco announced as he came back into the private room they had and jumped on the end of Cassie's bed.

"Oh merlin, what day is it?" Narcissa jumped up and tried to make her hair look more presentable in the mirror.

"Uhm" he picked up the daily prophet from the side table, "it's the 3rd" he said as he popped a fizzing wizbee into his mouth.

"They're coming to assess her today, they do it every year" she ushered her son of the bed and fixed her blankets.

"Why?" Draco perched himself on the window sill.

"They have a team at the ministry that work on all things obscurial, essentially they're trying to find something to help her regain control so hopefully she wakes up" Narcissa smiled at Draco and then at her sister.

"I still don't understand it" he shrugged.

Narcissa held Cassiopeia's hand and that same cold chill spread threw her arm, she thought her arms would never be warm again after all these years of sitting holding her sisters hand. She wished this had never happened but at the end of the day she was just happy that she hadn't met the fate of most people who had been recorded to be an Obscurial.

Just as Draco had told her two ministry officials entered the room knocking on the door as they came in, it was always the same two aurors. The same ones who had found Cassie on that night ten years ago, though they had both aged considerably just as Narcissa had unlike Cassie who was still the picture of youth frozen at the age of ten.

"Good evening Mckellen, Anderson" Narcissa greeted as she shook both of their hands.

"Lovely to see you again mrs Malfoy" Anderson smiled.

"Wow you must be Draco, last time we seen you I think you were about 4 running around this very same room causing trouble" Mckellen said as he moved to shake Dracos hand.

"Mum I'm going to get a drink" Draco said as he gave her a kiss on the cheek and left the room.

Narcissa cursed her son for leaving her to deal with this alone but there was not a chance in hell that she was going to let these men see any weakness.

"So have you came up with anything new or is it just a check up?" She smiled summoning chairs for the two of them.

"Well we'd like to try something, of course we need your permission as it's still experimental but this case is a rare situation" Anderson went on pulling forms out of a briefcase.

"The team have been working on a way to put a sort of cap on her power, it's a cuff of sorts." Mckellen chirped in.

"What do you mean a cuff" Narcissa questioned.

"Well we've made a bracelet, if we put it on her and it works then there's a spell to bind it so it can be monitored by the ministry" Anderson said as he reached in and revealed a thick black cuff.

"What exactly does it do" Narcissa raised an eyebrow.

"If it works then she won't be able to access the full extent of her power, not until she's fifteen but it should help to bring her out of whatever protection spell is around her." Anderson added.