oneshot || the boy

Edaline was sitting at the counter when she heard the silent alarm trigger--it's a human thing that she convinced her husband to get. She always had faith her adopted daughter would return. She ran to where the device said the motion came from and gasped, there was a small body on the ground in front of her on the shore.

"Grady!" Edaline yelled and ran to the body, she had so much hope. Without a second thought, Grady dropped what he was doing and ran to his wife. He didn't know how to break it to her, but that couldn't be Sophie. Even if Sophie was alive--which she's not--why would she ever come back. All they'd done was make her feel like she had a home here and then rip it away.

"Eda, step away from the body. Whoever it is might not be alive and I don't want you to be the person to discover that." His wife was in another world though, she kept inching closer and closer till the body became more clear. They gasped at the same time, Edaline shoved her face into his chest and started sobbing.

"Hey Elwin," He started, talking into his imparter. "We are going to need some help here."

//

Alden heard his imparted ringing and answered in a heartbeat. Alden was told what Edaline saw and was interested despite knowing the truth, it couldn't be either kid--they drowned. They didn't deserve to die, and Alden didn't have it in himself to tell Grady that it's probably a fake. So he told his children and really hated himself when he saw the hope in their eyes.

Biana really hoped her father wasn't lying when he said Grady and Edaline found someone at Havenfield. It had to be Sophie. Who else would wash up? No offense but it really couldn't be Deck--Sophie has way more will than him. Plus Biana owed her a major apology, her father told her before they'd both drowned, that if she apologized to Sophie she'd be forgiven. Sophie was the first real friend Biana ever had--everyone else used her.

If his father was right and it truly was Sophie then he needed to apologize. Fitz heard Sophie trying to tell him to find her, but he didn't tell anyone. Plus the deep shit Biana got herself into, nobody deserves to have it plopped down on them that a friend faked their friendship--and it was told to her by her enemy.

Della could basically call Sophie her daughter, and she was really hopeful. She wanted to apologize so deeply for her family's stupidity, but if she could go back to the past she wouldn't change a thing. Biana was happy when she was with Sophie, just like Della had said she would be.

//

All Keefe could think was, Foster could be alive. He chanted that over and over again, this was the girl who changed his heart, a person who knew him better than his own best friend. The last time Keefe saw her she was a mess, so he sent Dex after her. While her 'would be death' wasn't his fault, Dex's was his. He sent him after her--he manipulated Dex's feelings for Sophie and made him go to her. If he hadn't...he wasn't going down that path, he didn't need his mind to break.

Elwin was about to head to bed when he was hailed by none other than Grady Ruewen, "Geez, slow down. I'll be there as soon as I can." All he could think was Grady said some kid washed up, hope immediately swelled in his chest. If either of the children were alive then it would be an absolute miracle.

//

He was alive, Who was he? He thought, Where am I? He didn't get to finish his thoughts before he heard footsteps. He was pushed back into his hellscape, slow footsteps and a cocky whistle, but these steps were fast. Do I know these people? Do they know me?

"It's Dex!" Said a woman who picked me up and cradled me in her arms, she had red hair and turquoise eyes. Then it all came back, he was Dex Dizznee, the technopath, child of a bad match, best friend to Sophie Foster, he was aliv—but she wasn't.