Chapter 37

Stefani's POV

My back hurts.

"I thought you said this was the best hotel in New York," I groaned getting up.

"It is, I swear!" Rachel defended herself i and shrugged.

Luckily with my hair being in its natural state, all I had to do was shake out my bun and I was practically ready to go once I did everything else.

I took one more look at myself in the mirror and I swear I see my moms everytime I look at myself..

"Do you have anything to hold on to for good luck while you're there and I'm in the lounge?" Rachel came from behind and helped me out on my pearl necklace.

"Just this," I pulled out an old photo of my mom from her wedding day...

"She's so pretty," Rachel gently took the photo from my hand and studied my mother and looked at me

"I bet the spunk is from her huh?" She smirked at me and I shrugged with guilt.

"Can't help it for some reason," I continued getting ready and grabbed my keys and laptop.

"Okay, I'm asking a lot of questions because this is your first official pitch and im nervous but excited for you mainly because I helped put the project together- but anyways, are you sure you don't want to eat anything?" Rachel just kept running her mouth and I understand where she's coming from.

"We'll eat after I secure the bag," I started to feel more confident and ambitious about what goes down today.

Today is the first step I take out of alignment in my father's footsteps.

Today is important.

It has to be perfect...

"Stefani Edwards, you're expected in the left wing room 7B on the left," I snapped back into reality and I found myself at the front desk..

I didn't even smoke today and I haven't been keeping track of my surroundings. My head has been wrapped up in this journey I'm about to take in life..

"Right.." I got myself together and winked at Rachel as reassurance that I can do this.

I stepped into the boardroom and all eyes were on me- I wished I took a minute to breathe before entering but fuck it.

"Good morning," I greeted them subtly with a pleasant smile and they all returned the gesture.

"We're excited to have you here today," the seller smiled.

"Well, I'm happy to be here," I assured them and prepared my project.

"Let's see what you've got- hopefully your father's charm. That man can sell me a vacuum cleaner," he joked and I faked a chuckle knowing damn well I'm not in the mood to hear anything about Kent.