Chapter 9: Planning

Nat got started on some breakfast while Y/N took a quick shower. When they finished, they made their way to the kitchen to see that she had started on some eggs, toast, and bacon. Everything was almost done when Nat told them to head up and wake Yelena so that she could get breakfast while it was warm.

They nodded and jogged up the stairs to her room. As they made their way in, it took absolutely everything in them to hold down the laughter that was now boiling in their chest.

Yelena's head was nearly hanging off her bed when they stepped into her room and Y/N wondered how her neck could withstand that. There was no way that was comfortable.

Y/N closed the door gently behind them and made their way over to her bedside, kneeling down quietly beside her. Before they went to wake her, they spent a few seconds looking over her face. Her cute button nose and soft skin were a sight for sore eyes. Y/N felt as though they could look at her forever.

They placed their hands softly on each side of her face, running their thumbs gently across her cheeks while quietly whispering in order to not scare her, "Yelena. Hey, it's time to wake up."

Opposite of Y/N, she was not a heavy sleeper and unlike yesterday when Nat woke her, she didn't freak out as soon as she woke up. Her eyes opened slowly as she saw Y/N upside down holding her face. A faint smile grew across her face at the sight of them so close to her willingly. She even wondered for a moment if this was a dream.

She didn't speak, but neither did they as they were now captivated by how beautiful her green eyes looked in the morning light. As always, a silence grew between them as they looked at each other fondly.

Y/N began to realize how attractive they found her and suddenly felt a pit form in their stomach. Nat's sister, they thought, this is Nat's sister.

And with that, they stood and nodded toward the door, "Let's go. Nat made breakfast."

Yelena let out a long breath as she adjusted in her bed and sat up. She wondered if the looks that she shared with Y/N were because they felt the same things she'd been feeling, but again, she couldn't be sure. Now, she worried if it had freaked them out.

"Want me to wait for you?" Y/N asked as they headed toward her door.

She smiled at the offer, "I'm going to change, so I'll meet you down there."

As they turned the handle of the door, she decided to throw out a joke that she hadn't in a few days, "Unless you want to stay while I do," she smiled to herself knowing how these jokes had made them uncomfortable before. Now, she wondered how they'd react since they'd started enjoying being in her presence more.

Their hand stopped on the door as they contemplated how to respond. Thoughts raced through their mind of her stripping down and changing into different clothing. The idea of their hands all over her before she was able to get into a new outfit.

Y/N smiled but bit their bottom lip quickly to hold it back before turning and grinning at her, "You'd like that, wouldn't you Belova?"

The look on her face was all they needed. A shallow breath left her mouth as she swallowed hard at their remark. Instead of allowing them the satisfaction of seeing her like this, she threw her pillow at them as they jogged out of her room laughing before closing the door behind them.

She laid back hard on her bed as the small smile that was on her face grew nearly three times in size. They were right, she absolutely would love for them to stay while she changed. She'd love for them to rip all of her clothes off for her, to feel their hands against her skin. Her thoughts were getting louder now and harder to ignore.

These feelings aren't friendly... she thought.

After a few minutes, Yelena got dressed and headed downstairs to meet Y/N and Nat at the table for breakfast. When she sat next to Nat, she saw that her plate contained toast, eggs, bacon, and fruit.

"Do you all know how to make anything else?" She asked as she laughed.

Nat shot a look over at her and then over to Y/N, who she heard laughing under their breath, "Excuse you! Just be thankful we cooked. If I remember correctly, you told us both yesterday that you managed to burn JELLO! Of all things!"

Yelena's mouth dropped at the accusation, "Alright, why'd you have to bring THAT up!"

The three laughed as they ate their breakfast together and started talking about their plans for the mission. To start, they'd travel the rest of Europe, hitting stations in Austria, Germany, Italy, France, and then Spain. After they finished freeing those Widows, they'd make their way to the United Kingdom.

"I don't think that we should plan anything past that yet. We might get intel along the way that would be useful. So we'll start planning for the other continents once we get past Spain. Sound like a plan?" Nat asked. Yelena and Y/N looked at each other before nodding.

"Dreykov may be dead, but I am positive that his operatives are still loyal and hold the same beliefs. Our main focus needs to be getting to them at each station. We can't risk wasting serum on widows only to have them sent directly back into their trance," Yelena added.

They spent the rest of the morning mapping out their stations and planning where they would go in each country. Y/N had even managed to squeeze in some stops at some popular places for them to spend some rest days. One of those was the Eiffel Tower in France, which garnered a few jokes from Yelena about their very touchy and romantic personas.

Y/N laughed and decided in those moments that they would begin throwing those jokes back at her much more often. It was clear that she wasn't prepared for the rebuttals and even blushed incredibly hard when they said them.

While Nat excused herself to the bathroom when they finished, Y/N thought it would be fun to test the waters. She needs a taste of her own medicine, they thought as they smiled to themselves.

They stood from their seat to stretch their arms and back while Yelena looked over the map that they'd drawn out together. She was completely immersed in the map, looking to make sure that there wasn't anything they'd missed.

Y/N took this opportunity to stand behind her, one arm wrapped around the back of her chair and the other hand laid on the table next to hers. They could hear a gulp come from her throat as their faces were now only inches apart.

"I've been to the Eiffel Tower before," They started as they began inching their hand closer to hers, "and while I didn't get the chance then, I heard it's common practice to share a kiss underneath it."

Their face was so close to hers now that she could feel their breath on her cheek. She turned slightly to catch their eyes that were already looking at her, moving slowly from her eyes to her lips. They caught her eyes again, seeing how absolutely stunned she was.

As they started leaning in slightly, and completely against their plan, so did she. With only millimeters between their lips at this point, a slam from the bathroom door shot them both backward.

Nat made her way into the kitchen, unaware of what had just transpired and also not noticing the thick tension that was now in the air, "Let's get going to the store so that we can get everything ready for when we head out tomorrow. I want to get back early so I can relax and get to sleep at a decent time."

Yelena shot up quickly, doing her best to break the tension so that she didn't have to deal with it any longer, "Sounds good to me! I'll meet you all in the car."