Chapter 50: Filial Piety

After Lu Yufei finished speaking, there was a strange silence in the room. Immediately, Zhao Chengjun withdrew his gaze as if nothing had happened, Tang Shishi put down the orange, and bowed to Lu Yufei, "Greetings, Shizi Consort."

Lu Yufei avoided, and replied, "Miss Tang."

Lu Yufei's return Tang Shishi's greeting was entirely based on Zhao Chengjun's face. She did not care about this propriety, and there was faint scrutiny in her eyes.

Lu Yufei found out that she might have underestimated Tang Shishi, and also thought too highly of Prince Jing. Men's pursuits in life were not many, such as power, wealth, and beauty. From ancient times to the present times, without exception.

It may not be the first two, however, it must be the last one.

It would be false if Lu Yufei said she was not disappointed. It turned out that Prince Jing whom she respected and relied on, could not escape the vulgarity of men. Lu Yufei did not think that Tang Shishi would have further development. Beauty with a pretty face was nothing more than a color dot in Prince Jing's map. It was fresh for a few days and would naturally be disposed of after some time.

Lu Yufei just could not accept this fact. She thought that Jing Wang was different from ordinary men. What he appreciates must be more refined talented beauty, the kind like Xi Yunchu.

In the end...

The room was quiet for a moment. Lu Yufei calmed down from her trance and quickly saluted Zhao Chengjun, "Daughter-in-law sees my father-in-law, and pay my respect to father."

Lu Yufei saluted Zhao Chengjun respectfully. After saying that, she half squatted and waited for Zhao Chengjun to reply. However, Zhao Chengjun did not seem to pay attention to her at all. He supported himself on the armchair with one arm and looked at the other side silently.

Tang Shishi peeled half of the orange and could not put it down. So, she could only continue to peel it. Unfortunately, she did not grasp her strength properly at the last moment, a lot of juice was squeezed out and the juice was all over her hands. Tang Shishi put the orange down, and raised her hands, feeling a little lost.

Zhao Chengjun frowned secretly, why was she so careless?

Zhao Chengjun took his square handkerchief, stopped Tang Shishi's messy actions, and handed the handkerchief to her, "Wipe your hands clean first."

Tang Shishi naturally took it. She wiped two fingers and suddenly realized, "Wangye, is this your handkerchief?"

"En." Zhao Chengjun replied casually. Seeing that Tang Shishi could not wipe a spot properly, he could not stand it and took her hand, "Be careful, there's more here."

Lu Yufei still maintained her greeting action. Her smile became stiff more and more and was in a dilemma.

Fortunately, before her marriage, her natal family heartlessly disciplined Lu Yufei's etiquette. So, it was not difficult for Lu Yufei to preserve the half squat position now. She stood uneasily and waited for a while. Finally, after Zhao Chengjun and Tang Shishi finished talking, she quickly raised her voice and said again, "Daughter-in-law, pay respect to father."

Zhao Chengjun thought that he finally met someone who had no discernment besides Tang Shishi. Zhao Chengjun put the handkerchief on the table and said lightly, "Get up."

After Zhao Chengjun's exemption, Lu Yufei did not get up but continue to kneel down and raised her hands in a respected manner, "Daughter-in-law is not filial, father please forgive me."

Zhao Chengjun already knew what she was going to say and started to have a headache. Zhao Chengjun hated trouble the most. He had obviously hinted to her, but Lu Yufei was still entangled.