summer.

AUTHOR's POV
MULTI

Year of 97'

'BLAZIN 97. Your tuned into the hottest radio station in the big city! Today's weather is BLAZIN! Pun intended. Crack open a cold soda, pull out your grills and turn this station up! ITS SUMMER TIME' Blazin 97's host exclaimed, giving her daily report before turning up Chic's Good Times. Kimberly slammed her old locker shut, grabbing the last of her things; before heading to the front of the school where she would meet her friends.

'Kimmy! Over here!' Dana, her bestfriend, called her over where she and her other friends were. Once she made her way over, she greeted them all before they started walking towards the parking lot. 'School's finally over and in less than 24 hours we'll be graduating!' Tichina, her other best friend said, turning to face them while walking backwards. A car honked its horn as they tried to back up. 'I'm walking here!' She yelled at them, making Dana and Kimberly giggled.

It was the last of their Highschool Years, and they were excited as hell. It would be a while before they started to think about their futures and college. Kimberly unlocked the doors to her black hummer, allowing her and her besties to climb in, before Dana spoke once again. 'Marlon's throwing a party tonight, y'all coming?'

'Hell yeah'

'Girl, do you really have to ask? You know we'll be there!' Kimberly spoke, pulling out of the parking lot and onto the freeway. They began talking about the party as Kimberly steered them to their favorite chicken shack, not too far away from their neighborhood. 'You know, I heard De might show up. You finally gonna make a move, Kim?" Tichina hinted at her friend's crush making an appearance at the party that would change their lives.

'Not if lil hoe hoe beats me too it' The brown skinned girl rolled her eyes, just thinking about Shontelle and her trifling ways. See, Kim and Shontelle used to be good friends, until Shontelle slept with Kim's ex; Sean. 'Don't pay her no mind, and if she step crazy, so will we' Dana and Tichina high-fived each other, stepping out of the jeep, once they made it to their favorite place. Walking into the mini restaurant, they could see the other half of their friend group, sitting not too far from the entrance.

They quickly greeted each other, before sitting down next to their friends. Dana pecked Marlon's lips before they started to discuss about the party. Tichina and Lesane began bickering like an old couple, arguing about god knows what. While Kim, was snacking on Eric's fries. 'Let me guess, you ain't eat all day' He asked and she nodded, he knew her bit too well.

'I'll order you so more. Finish eating' See, Eric had a huge crush on Kim. He was in love with her since freshman year. The only people he ever told was Marlon & Lesane, his best friends, who's been trying to help him out on getting with her. But, she had her eyes on someone else. 'Marlon, about this party. Did you invite dirty dick and lil hoe hoe?' Kimberly asked in between her crunching on her crispy fries. Now all eyes were on Marlon as they awaited his answer. He began to sweat as he felt their eyes on his brown skin.

He hated being put on the front line, but luckily God was looking out for him. 'Shoot! Lisa's paging me, she must be at the airport already. Come on y'all!' Tichina said getting up from the booth. They tossed their money onto the table, paying their tab, before hopping into the two cars that got them there. Lisa was one of their best friends who was from the south. She moved to New York because her mother had an acting gig that was up here. But, since school was over she was going to move back down south.

After nearly speeding to the airport, and got visiting tickets, the six of them made their way towards her gate, spotting her medium frame standing; looking for her. 'Lisa!' Dana shouted, catching her attention. She rushed over to them and was engulfed into a bunch of hugs. 'Damn! We gonna miss you Li' Lesane admitted, pulling her into a hug, while everyone agreed with him.

'Fa real! And you going to miss the best party of us life!' Marlon said and her mood changed. Tears began to brim her brown eyes, making everyone try to calm her down; while Marlon got pinched. 'You made her cry!'

'I'm fine guys. I'm just going to miss you a-all' The group of friends were torn, one of them was leaving and they won't know the next time they'll see her. It was a good minute before she pulled away and wiped her tears. 'I'm about to board any minute now' Lisa said, grabbing her carry on bag and tossing it over her shoulder. As they walked her closer to the gate, something click into her head, 'Yo! Y'all should come and visit this summer! We got enough room and I could show you how dirty the south gets' She proposed, inviting her friends to stay with her family this summer.

It was a great idea, and none of them had anything planned for the rest of the summer; besides college but that's not until September. They were all in for it, they would be spending their summer in the south. They said their final goodbyes to Lisa, and watched her plane leave before they exited the airport. 'I'll see y'all at the party tonight' Lesane said to the girls and hugged them, and kissed Tichina's forehead. Marlon playfully kissed Dana, while Eric and Kimberly hugged.

'Imma call you tonight, aight?' He said and she nodded, before they went their separate ways. 'Man, you gotta tell her how you feel, before that pretty motherfucker comes in and swoop her away' Lesane advised once they were all in the car.

'Yeahhh. I know'

Dana played by Aaliyah
Marlon played by Marlon Wayans
Kimberly played by Lil' Kim
Tichina played by Tichina Arnold
Lesane played by Tupac
Eric played by Eazy-E
Lisa played by Left-Eye
De played by DeVanté Swing
Sean played by Puffy
Shontelle played by Brandy