Gambling With Fate

As the train continued to glide along the track under the moonlit sky, you thought about where your first stop should be once you reached the city. Remaining undetected for as long as possible was definitely the priority. You glanced down at your arm as you thought about all of the equipment and gadgets that were hidden away within the suit briefly before returning your attention to the path ahead.

"They're insurance," you thought to yourself. You would have liked nothing more than to give Silvia and her staff a taste o what you'd been through when you first arrived. But you also knew that these were likely to help you takeout the occasional police officer or security guard that would attempt to capture you. They wouldn't be enough to take on Silvia's entire payroll at once. As you gave yourself a reminder to be cautious, the forest gave way to open fields and a city became visible on the horizon. Just under a half an hour later, the train slowed as it began to pull into a railyard. You slid down the ladder before dropping into the gravel that supported the track. You quietly made your way to the storm drain runoff, recalling that it ran through the city according to the map you were given. But again, you were only given a brief opportunity to look at the map and a few key areas on it. You entered the massive water pipe which at the moment was spilling water into an ankle deep channel. The water inside the pipe itself was also ankle deep. You knew it was late at night and hoped that would mean that most residents were asleep an off the streets. You navigated the streets for hours underground, surfacing only in dark alleys and empty side streets. You found that to your surprise the streets were relatively empty. As you surfaced from the drain system you searched for anything that seemed out of place, any clues that would indicate Silvia was hiding something in one of the countless buildings. You would come to a drain, check the surrounds, carefully search the area and then enter the drains again. You were beginning to become frustrated when you noticed a large building with security all around it. It was also fenced off and the sign on the side of the building read 'SD Labs'.

"When I first came here, Silvia wanted me taken to a place called 'SD Labs'...." You thought. "I wonder if this is the same place. If it is, I'll bet that I can find what I'm looking for in there..."

There was only one storm drain near the building. Fortunately, it was away from the delivery gate on the backside and between the lab and another corporate skyscraper of some sort. You exited the drain just outside of the fence. Using the suites raw power, you tore a hole in the chain link fence before slipping through. However, you weren't as quiet as you'd hoped. One of the guards walking the perimeter noticed the noise of the fence scraping against the suit upon your entry and came over to investigate. Seeing no other alternative, you charged the guard who saw you coming but was unable to reach for his radio quick enough as you tackled him and grabbed his arm with your right hand. His fur stood on end and his eyes widened as he became paralyzed for a moment or two before you released him and he passed out. You quietly dragged over to the side of the building and laid him up against it while making sure that there were no other guards patrolling the area. Once you were sure it was safe, you made your way to the side entrance near the corner of the building where one german sheperd stood guard. You peered around the corner to find a clearly bored German Shepherd trying to stay awake. Again, you checked to make sure that he was out of the line of sight of the other guards. When you were sure it was safe, you blitzed him. Slipping around the corner and slugging him across the face with enough force to smash his back into the wall. The guard fell unconscious, rather than leaving him there though, you lifted him up and balanced him against the wall to make it seem as though he were still standing guard. You found the side entrance locked, but this proved to be only a minor inconvenience as you reached up with your left hand and prepared to blow the door off its hinges. You then paused, realizing that you'd quickly be surrounded by guards if you did that. You then looked over at the unconscious guard and noticed he had keys on his belt. It took time, and with the lack of dexterity in the suit, it also required patients and finesse. But eventually, you were able to unlock the door. As you walked in you found yourself in a hallway. You made your way down the corridor finding several doors on either side. As you walked down the hallway you realized that each door was actually labeled with a subject. The first one that interested you was one that read 'weapons'. You opened the door to find several swords, knives and guns lining the walls on shelves. It looked a lot like the research facility the Malcolm had set up, though in a different format. The weapons seemed just as old and dirty as the ones you'd seen in Malcolm's building as well. As you stood staring in shock at what was essentially a human arsenal, you shook your head and carefully exited the room before continuing down the corridor. You found several different doors that all seemed to pertain to thing you weren't looking for. Tools, clothes, hardware, toys, puzzles... You were beginning to think this would take all night until you came across a door labeled 'unknown'. You entered the room to find three scientists in lab coats examining a CD player. Two were gazelles while the third was a coyote. They all froze in shock when they saw you. After a brief pause, you wasted no time rendering both gazelles' unconscious, leaving only the coyote. He ran for a button on the wall, but you were able to reach him before he got to it. You spun him around and grabbed him by the front of his shirt like a bully grabbing a kid in school.