27.

Now that Rose and Lily were back at school, the others included the girls in their nightly defence classes.

And as the last weeks of school came and went, the things that had once seemed so important didn't anymore.

Lily wasn't obsessive about her studying, she hardly read any of the textbooks. The quidditch loss wasn't a big deal, the examinations were hardly a source of stress now.

With the death of someone so close, it put things into perspective. Rose and Lily wouldn't be safe out in the world, they had targets on their backs. And only months ago Rose was worried about becoming a professional quidditch player.

The teenagers were in the library but they didn't study. They spent their time looking up new jinxes and other defensive spells and now with Lily and Rose, they could access more of the restricted section.

It got so bad at the end of the classes that McGonagall scolded them for not studying, so they managed to put in some effort.

When this word got around, Rose was the only student called to the headmaster. She was afraid he would expel her, say she couldn't join the order anymore.

The password to his office this time was simply strawberry lolli's.

Dumbledore was sitting at his desk per usual as Rose sat in front of him. His hands were clasped on the desk as he watched her.

"Good afternoon, Rose. I've called you here because I've been told you and your friends, usually studious students, have been receiving very poor marks, as well as attendance," Dumbledore began. Rose nodded shyly.

"I think I have an idea of why this may be. And it is my fault for telling you about the order so soon. But I can't blame you eight, it's good to prepare yourselves. But you in particular, Miss. Evans, I'm afraid I need you to do well," Dumbledore revealed. Rose was once again, confused.

"I hear you have a knack for healing and that you've been aiming to become a healer after school. Is that correct?" the headmaster questioned.

"Yes, headmaster," Rose replied, starting to slightly see where he was going.

"The order is in desperate need of healing help. Hospitals take too long and can become overcrowded. And if you are committed to the cause, I need you to start here," he said. Rose thought it was her decision and she wanted to help. She nodded immediately.

"As I thought. We already have one of the best healing programs lined up in Italy for you to take. We need someone with expertise, someone who can save people from the brink of death. And we need that to be you," Dumbledore told Rose. It made her heart race, that he thought highly of her. She was needed.

"The catch to this program is that they require the trainee to achieve the highest grades from the school they came from. I have a little leeway but they request to see the physical examination papers. I know this is difficult with such short time left but we are in dire need, Miss. Evans. Do you think you can handle it?" The headmaster asked seriously, looking into Rose's eyes.

She had to get perfect grades with a little over a week left to study for her exams. Impossible. But she would do it. She had to.

"Yes. I'll do it, professor. You can count on me," Rose replied with determination.

Dumbledore smiled.