Chapter 37

NUMB.

It's the only thing that Ruckus feels as he stared at Death looking lifeless in the hospital bed, and the woman he hoped will be there beside him while waiting for Death to get through life and death is not here.

Fucking not here.

Ruckus swallowed and buried his face in his palms. Tears started to escape from his eyes as the numbness started to fade and the pain, the worries— the dread rifted his heart. 

Ma chérie... Saan ka na? Balik ka na please... I need you badly now...

Limang araw na ang lumipas matapos siyang mabaril, apat na araw mula ng sumugod si Sunset kasama ang mga kaibigan at kapatid niya sa lugar ng huling taong nasa listahan ni Death, pero hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa ito bumabalik. Nailipat na nila si Death sa isla pero wala parin ang dalaga.

His brothers and friends are still searching the whole area— looking for clues to where she could be but they only got her last known location. That was down a steep cliff where a dead man was lying and Sunset's phone was left.

Maliban doon ay wala na. Nawala ito na parang bula. Hindi nila ito mahanap. Wala silang ideya kung sino nasaan ito. She was not wearing a GPS tracker either so they couldn't determine her location. They were only able to locate her phone. It's been four agonizing days and nothing. He wanted to search the place himself but he could not leave Death. His family and friends wouldn't let him either because of his wound.

Damn! If only he finished that madfucker fastly he wouldn't be able to attack and tries to get Death. Who would have thought that the scumbag wanted his son?

Natigil ang pag-iisip ni Ruckus nang bumukas ang pintuan  at ilang sandali lang ay narinig niya ang pagtawag sa kanya ng ina niya.

"Ruck..."

Ruckus didn't lift his head to look at his mother. He did not respond either. He's just too weak to deal with anybody. He just wants this all to end. This nightmare to end. He just wants to open his eyes and be in his house with Death and Sunset beside him— ganging up against him. Bully him. Fuck, he'll even let the two make fun of him. Just not this. Not this...

Naupo ang ina niya sa tabi niya at niyakap siya. Isinandal nito ang ulo sa balikat niya.

"I know, it is difficult and painful to be in a situation where you have to watch one person you love and treasure be in a state where any time you could lose him. I've been there, son. Experience it and learned that, it is easy to grieve when you're surrounded by people who you trust and love. It's not wrong to ask to be left alone for some time but son it's been three days, let your brothers and friends be here with you to support you."

"I'm comfortable with being alone in my grief, Mom," he answered and squeezed his eyes shut then rubbed them with his fingers to dry his tears.

"Comfortable..." Mom drawled with a sigh not believing him. "Or you don't want to feel like you depend on your brothers again? Specially to your twin?"

Hindi siya nakaimik. His mom hit a spot.

"Ruck, it doesn't mean you're grown up you don't need someone to lean on." Mom reached for his hand to hold it firmly, with her thumb softly rubbing his hand. "Don't think leaning on someone is weakness, Ruck. Even I, need your Dad to go on through my days. Depends on him in so many things, ways, and times. But that doesn't make me weak, Ruck. So is your Dad. He's such a baby oftentimes when we are together." Mom chuckled. "But did it make your Dad weak? No, son," Mom paused. "Haven't the countless successful cases you did with your friends not enough to prove to yourself you are no longer that weak boy you believe you are?" She asked.