Alpheus Mansion (Part two)

Ariana's pov

I sneaked into Jennette's room late at night to give a farewell, before returning to the Palace.

If I think about it, it has been a long time since I last visited her in Lucy's form. I have been busy since I started handling the case.

The room in which I haven't come for a long time was still familiar. And on the bed, there was a brunette sleeping from a fever.

I walked toward the bed, touched her forehead and examined the fever. There was only a slight fever left now.

Then, I saw a wet tower which was left unattended on the table beside the bed. I soaked it in cold water before placing it on Jennette's forehead.

"Mm...."

Jennette slowly opened her heavy eyes, sensing something cold touching her skin.

A pair of blue jewelled eyes was revealed under the eyelids. She stared dazedly at me, wondering if this is a dream.

"P, Princess?"

Her eyes widen with a sense of surprise as focus returned to her.

Jennette hurriedly glanced toward a ring placed on the table while examining my expression. My gaze also shifted along with hers before returning to the sick person.

Jennette looked at me with a terrified expression, making me feel bad. I stopped her hand from moving toward the table.

"Isn't it uncomfortable to wear it when you are sick?"

A calm voice entered into Jennette's ears as she looked back with a 'How did you know?' expression. I chuckled at her easy to read face and said in a self muttering tone.

"Well, how did I know?"

Jennette became like a scared child at my words. I shouldn't tease an ill person too much. But this is fun.

"Relax. Because I don't plan to tell anyone."

I messed her brown hair with my hand to ease her tension.

"Aren't you surprised, Princess?"

She seems to be curious as to why I was so calm even after finding out her identity.

"Because I already realized that."

"S, since when, Princess?"

I stared at her for a moment, wondering if I should answer honestly. Well, this is something I have to tell her anyway.

"Princess. Till when are you going to call me like that?"

"W, what?"

"Ari. That was what you called me before."

"W-When did I?"

"Ah! When I was this small."

I explained to her with hand gestures.

"Small and cute little creature with white fur. I would always enter your room from that window over there."

There was a momentary silence inside the room.

"T-that was P, princess?"

"Yes, you're right."

"Did his majesty and her highness, the first princess also..."

"No, they don't know yet. I didn't tell them."

It was half a lie. It was true that I didn't tell them. But whether or not, they know was..... This is only a white lie.