2- The Twins

Berlin, Germany

"We'll leave to Korea in a couple of hours. Meet me at the church, and don't run off" Ultron informs them, giving the three one last look before flying off.

The siblings were left right in front of the motel the twins had already been staying at. Wanda, who had put a sweater over her sister, ushered her while holding her shoulder "Come on, let's go inside".

Pietro closes and locks the door as Wanda sits down the youngest on the small bed "Stay here, I'll get you some clothes so you can shower" She says before walking off.

Nadia and Pietro sit in silence, before she breaks it with her hoarse voice "Go ahead, you can ask brother".

Pietro sighs before looking over her pale, bruised and sickly skinny body once more "What..What did they do to you Nadia?" He ask, sorrow evident in his tone.

She paused before answering "What do you think?" She asked.

Pietro scooted closer to her and caressed her hair softly "Nadia please, tell me. Or at least just tell me what I can do to make you realize that your safe now".

The young girl stood silent, contemplating on how to answer "Do you know..that this, right now, is the most warm I've felt in three years?" Nadia said, her voice broken "It's crazy, really. I've always felt warm until one day it just; poof, went away. You never appreciate what you've got until you get it taken away from you".

Nadia turned her head, her eyes misty with tears as she stared at her brother "There wasn't a day where I didn't think about you both, Pietro. The same reunion, being on repeat for three years in every single dream. At first it was helpful...but then it started feeling like nails on a chalkboard".

Pietro watched as she rolled up one of the sleeves of the sweater, his heart completely shattering once he sees the scar marks from the experiments they had on her.

The young girl gave him a blank smile "Most of these were from the numerous times they stuck a needle to take some of my blood out, some are from the cuts they made in order to test my...endurance".

She rolled her sleeve down and looked down at her hands "I have so little understanding when it comes to my mind control, so little that...I can't tell if this is real, or if this is my mind playing tricks on me again".

"Every single thought, feeling, reaction, emotion...I feel all of it..." Nadia sniffled, her voice slightly croaking "...All I want is for the voices I hear to stop, but they don't. Even if I tried I can risk killing somebody, which is something that would haunt me for the rest of my life since I would be able to feel them die..."

Hearing her words made Pietro's heart break. He immediately took her hands with his "Do you feel this? This is real, your safe now. You don't have to worry about being taken by them ever again, and slowly overtime you will be able to gain more control of your powers with our help".

The warmth of her brother's hands made Nadia slightly gasp, tears flowing down her cheeks "This is real..your real" She said, her voice cracking.

Nadia immediately pulled her brother into a tight hug while sobbing in his shoulder. He returned the hug just as tightly.

Hearing the sounds of crying, Wanda walked out of the bathroom to see her sister in tears; clutching onto her twin brother for dear life. The sight only made her heart ache with deep sadness for her sister.

———

An hour later, after washing up, Nadia slept soundly in the other motel bed she shared with her sister. The twins were the only ones awake; Wanda sitting up on the bed Nadia was sleeping on, and Pietro laying down on his bed.

Wanda sighed, silently caressing a strand of the young girl's hair and lifting up the blanket to cover her more "I calmed her mind, and blocked some of the memories to help her sleep better".

Pietro pursed his lips and sat up "Does she know that you did that?".

She didn't answering, making Pietro swear under his breath "Shit Wanda, you can't go in and mess with her mind like that"

"I can if it's my sister, she's in pain-"

"-She's her own person, she should decide if she wants you digging around in her head"

"You don't get it Pietro, all the things Stryker did to her nearly drove her insane and she's only still a kid. I'm protecting her".

"Wanda, you don't get to make that choice for her-"

"After all of what she's witnessed, what we've all been through, that she doesn't deserve to have a little peace in herself? HYDRA hurt her-"

"-You don't think I know that?!" Pietro whisper-shouted, his eyes wide. He paused, catching his breath before continuing "I know that, and my heart shatters every time she doesn't look at me with the same happiness and peace she used to have, but going inside her mind is an invasion of privacy. I let it slide when we were fighting the avengers, but Nadia?; she's our sister, and I won't allow you to do that again".

He crossed his arms over his chest "If she finds out what you did, she won't forgive you".

Wanda furrowed her eyebrows as her heart began to race "Your going to tell her?"

Pietro shook his head "No, not only because your my sister; it's because your my twin and I love you. I will always make sure to protect you both".

Wanda watched in shock as Pietro angrily got up, walking to the bathroom and slamming the door behind him.

———

It was the next morning, and the Maximoff siblings were walking in the market of the city.

Nadia's appearance began to look slightly better. Her dark hair was no longer rustled and dirty, and was instead clean and silky. She was wearing a black shirt with a black fleece sweater, jeans and dark boots.

She observed carefully around her. Being stuck as a prisoner in HYDRA for three years had caused her anxiety to run high, fearing that someone could come out and attack her and her family at any second.

Sensing her nervousness, Wanda placed a hand on her shoulder "Hey, relax. No one is coming for us" She said.

Nadia sighed and looked down "I-I know, it's just..".

Wanda looked back at Pietro for help, making him muster up a smile and grab his youngest sister's hand "Come, let's get you something to eat".

The oldest maximoff walked through the market while Nadia followed in confusion. They stop at a certain cart, which made her lightly gasp once she realized what was on it. She picked up up the candy and looked up at her brother with a smile "Slo-pokes, can't remember the last time I had one of these".

Pietro smiles and nods towards them "Go ahead, take as many as you want".

Nadia's eyes widen as the familiar excitement twinkled on her eyes "Really? I don't want you to waste your money on me, Pietro".

"Hm, or.." Pietro looked around the area and with his speed, quickly took a handful of the candies and stuffed them in her pockets "..We just take it".

Her brother's sneaky antics made a small laugh emitted from Nadia. Pietro's heart warmed at the familiar sound of it, missing it more than he could imagine. He was glad he was the first one to make her laugh since coming out of imprisonment.

Their moment was cut short was Wanda approached them, a serious look on her face "It's time, Ultron wants us to meet him, he has a jet prepared for us".

Pietro nodded and the three siblings were off.

——
sorry, kind of a filler chapter :/

Pietro will always be one of my favorite hero's ;-;

(unedited)