Chapter 66: The Real Him - The Limitless Him!

~~~

Naruto stared at his mini-him. If he was the one that same one that was trained by Madara, then they would be much different.

"You're-" The opposing cut Naruto off.

"Me," the little him finished. "Yes, and you're me. We're the same." The little him looked back and forth from Naruto and himself.

"Almost. Of course, while our body is the same, our mentally differs." Naruto narrowed his eyes at the mini-him. What was he talking about?

"What do you mean?" Naruto asked, wanting answers from the tiny version himself. The 5 year old him spread his arms out.

"I'm the you before you went to Konoha. You know, before you got affected by the cumulative amount of people around you. It turned us - you - into a softy, one who is way too indecisive." The 5 year old him moved closer to Naruto. The older back away unconsciously.

"It hinders your goal. Do you not remember? When you rescued that fox from dying and killed that wolf? You had said you wanted to conquer the Elemental Nations to gain world peace." Naruto widened his eyes.

"But I was wrong."

"Correct. We were wrong. Just conquering the nations was simply not enough. And you aimed higher. And for what? To do nothing? To let yourself rot in this village that our father saved?" Naruto stayed silent.

"You spent so much time with the people of Konoha that you lost sight of your goal. You keep on saying your goal is to attain world peace, but you haven't done anything but play games with Danzo." Naruto didn't want to admit it, but he was correct.

For years, Naruto had been challenging Danzo to an indirect battle between minds. And that was all. Nothing further than that until now.

"And you know what? I think it's time for you to actually aim for the peace that we had envisioned." Naruto clenched and unclenched his fist.

"What makes you think what I'm doing is wrong?" The 5 year old let out a slight smile, his eyes closing and forming an eye-smile.

"Because I'm the perfect you," he answered Naruto's question.

"Perfection doesn't exist. We both know that. Even you have flaws that prevents you from being perfect." The 5 year old him pushed his hands into his pockets.

"Sure. I agree with that. But I sure am better than who you are right now." Naruto didn't know why, but the 5 year old him was unsettling. Maybe because it was himself and he knew how to push his own buttons.

"Why are you here?" Naruto's voice was on edge alongside his own body.

"I don't know. But I do have a sneaking suspicion why." The 5 year old him grabbed his uniformed and brought him down to his level.

"The you right now is nothing but an ideal. Do you know how? All this time, you've been alone. Yukari and Madara never cared about you, they just wanted to nurture you so you could complete the Infinite Tsukuyomi. You've been alone since the very beginning." Naruto was practically hypnotized by his younger-self's eyes.