[Chapter 32: Returning Home]

"Penny, are you serious?" You unhappily muttered, feeling uneasy while the clown carried on pulling you through the forest. "Why won't either of you tell me what's going on?"

Without any warning, he stopped - his grip on your wrist tightening as he turned around to face you directly. "You've never called me that before." Pennywise mentioned with a mischievous grin - looking like he was unusually happy about it. "What's with the new nickname?"

"I-Well, y'know..." You shyly stuttered, avoiding his glance whilst a light pink shade colouring your cheeks and you grew slightly embarrassed. "It's just...It's just something that friends do! Yeah, they...they give each other nicknames so they don't have to keep dealing with long names. For instance, Ashley gets shortened to Ash, and Samantha gets shortened to Sam, that's all."

"Is that so...?" He mused thoughtfully, his dark-gold eyes glinting with devilish intent as his wicked expression grew. "Is that why you're acting so nervous?"

"I-What-No...!" Quickly shaking your head, you wondered why you even gave him a nickname in the first place - your heartbeat increasing for some odd reason. Why were you so nervous!? It just...It just felt so natural...! "Look, are we heading back or not...?"

"Oh? I thought a minute or two ago you were against the idea of returning home." Penny smirked slyly, silently enjoying how skittish you were behaving around him. "Now you're okay with it?"

"Hold on, I was never against the idea of heading back...!" You awkwardly trailed off, "I was just worried about Michael. It's not like him to turn around and disappear into the forest like that."

"Honey, relax." The clownish slasher cooed in a sickly-sweet tone, "He's a big boy. I'm pretty sure he can take care of himself."

"Still..." You stressfully replied, his flirtatious mannerisms messing with your mood while your blush darkened. "I'd much rather go and look for him."

"He'll be fine, cutie~" Pushing your concern aside, Pennywise gave your hand a playful little squeeze before tugging you back in the direction of the slashers' house - plainly wanting to divert your attention from Michael again. "You're worrying too much."

You opened your mouth to argue and demand more answers, but the two of you ended up reaching the front porch; forcing you to feel swiftly defeated and fall silent. Was Penny right? Were you really just overreacting things? After all, Michael was insanely strong. It just wasn't like him to leave your side out of nowhere. Stifling another sigh, you raised your hand and lightly knocked on the door, trying your best to rearrange your thoughts and shove your anxiety to the back of your head. But then a smile softly spread across your face - happy by the person who'd opened the door. Hannibal.

"Ah, (Y/n), what a lovely surprise. Welcome home, mi amore." The psychiatrist greeted you gently; placing both of his hands on your hips whilst he flashed you a very charming smile. "I hope classes weren't too stressful today."

"They were fine." You hesitantly responded, wondering if you should tell Hannibal about Michael's puzzling behaviour or not. "Really. I just overreacted over something afterwards, that's all. No big deal."

"Oh my, is that so?" Hannibal questioned calmly, your alibi not phasing him or throwing him for a loop whatsoever. "I certainly didn't take you for one of those types."

"Oh, absolutely!" You kept going with a false laugh - wanting to appear more worked-up than you actually were. "I just didn't expect something to happen, and it...it did..."

Stepping slightly closer, the psychiatrist wrapped his left arm around your waist and cradled your cheek with his right hand; his thumb and forefinger stroking the side of your face while he moved his lips delicately against your own. "You know that's not what I meant." He murmured sweetly, his seductive attitude causing you to grow flustered.

"T-Then um, what did you mean...?" Stammering over your words, you stumbled through your reply and became a stuttering mess - now feeling hugely awkward once you realised that Penny was still watching.

"I meant that I really didn't expect you to lie to me." Hannibal innocently hummed, feigning hurt as he hugged you tighter. "You wouldn't, would you, (Y/n)~?"

"Of course I'm not..." You mumbled bashfully, choosing to keep Michael's decision in the dark and hide the truth about his abrupt departure. "Why would you...Why would you even suggest such a thing...?"

"Mmm, true." Hannibal pleasantly agreed; shooting you another one of his sweet smiles whilst he used his right hand to tuck a stray strand of hair behind your ear. "Besides, you'd never lie to me."

"You're starting to sound as though you don't trust her." Pennywise pointed out casually - curiosity clouding his voice as he studied the other killer's mindset.

"Excuse me, but I don't recall ever saying that." Hannibal breezily brought up, his taunting tone and arrogant attitude beginning to aggravate the clown. "I swear, some creatures can be so unbelievably unintelligent sometimes. Don't you think so, (Y/n)?"

"Um, well—"
"Me, unintelligent?" Half-laughing in disbelief, Penny narrowed his eyes and glared straight at Hannibal coldly - disliking the derogatory tone that he was using towards him. "Oh, gimme a break. I know all about you - and you're nothing more than a mere human to me."

"I'd be surprised if you didn't, considering you're supposed to be...Hmm, what was it again...?" Hannibal paused and pretended to think, purposely forgetting what he knew about the clown. "Ah yes, the Eater of Worlds. How...pedestrian."

"Hannibal..." You sighed in despair, shaking your head at his underhanded words before placing both of your hands on his shoulders and breaking apart from him. "Don't start. This isn't like you."

"Oh, my dear, sweet, (Y/n), I would never start something in front of you." He soothingly spoke, cupping either side of your face with both hands and stroking your cheeks passionately.

"Is that so...?" You quizzed with raised eyebrows, sarcasm dripping from your voice while you tried to calm down your uncontrollable heartbeat.

"At least I have a title." Pennywise mocked maliciously, resentment flowing through his tone as he retaliated. "Instead of being known as the pathetic Earthling who feasts on their own kind's flesh."

"Penny, please don't continue this." You groaned in frustration - wanting to facepalm whilst this pointless argument carried on.

"Why? You and I both know he's just a filthy little cannibal!" He bursted out, releasing an extremely maniacal laugh before shoving the psychiatrist to the ground violently.

"Hannibal...!" You panicked in alarm, going into shock and feeling scared. "Are you...Are you okay...!?"

"I'm fine, angelo mio. Please don't concern yourself over me." Hannibal politely reassured you, sending you a kind smile while he managed to stand back up with ease. "It was just a childish shove, after all. In any case, I would've assumed historical creatures like himself were above such petty playground insults, and immature behaviour."

"Oh, you really don't want to start insulting my background." The clown coolly informed, switching over to the darker form he'd used down in the sewers and behaving fearfully different from earlier. "I'm warning you."

"What's wrong? Have I perhaps touched a sore spot?" Hannibal asked angelically; a tinge of mischief leaking through his normally calm and collected tone as he shot Pennywise a slight smirk.

"A sore spot? Don't make me laugh—"
...Looks like it was up to you to rescue said situation. "QUIT IT!!"