Chapter 19- Hope [E]

On Wednesday, Annie decided to stop by the office and check up on things. Knowing her father would disapprove she decided to go nonetheless. She wasn't going to actually work, it was an excuse for something to do. Bored with nothing to do all day caused the tension in her shoulders to return.

Yesterday Annie ran much needed to do errands for herself. She completed them early and decided to visit some of her favorite designers, searching for a dress for Sonny and Sheila's wedding.

Her mother was busy running errands for the wedding and bridal shower; Cici had to work all day and wasn't available to go out with her and Sheila and Sonny were having a little date. So she decided to search on her own.

Her taste was specific, she wanted a maxi dress, very fancy and elegant, and something that was body fitting that helped accentuate her curves. After hours of searching she narrowed it down her two favorite designers, Eli Saab and Zuhair Murad. The owner of the boutique she visited suggested to come back on Friday where she will have more haute couture dresses shipped in for her to show. Annie promised to see her by then.

She dressed in skinny dark blue jeans with a white satin blouse that came to her waist in the front and elongated down to her bottom in the back. Searching for her Valentino white studded heels she put those on as well. She braided her hair to the side and added a head band allowing some layers to hang around her face. Applying a soft pink lipstick, black mascara that made her eyes stand out, and a light blue eyeshadow she was finished. 

As she surveyed herself in her long stand alone mirror she turned away when she heard a knock to her bedroom door. Annie frowned and glanced at her bedside clock finding it close to the noon hour. As far as she knew everybody was out of the house either at work or running errands.

Shrugging her shoulders she called out, "Come in!"

Oliver came in with a big white box in his arms. Annie couldn't see his face due to the fact that the box was blocking his view. Her eyebrows rose in confusion, wondering who the box was for. It didn't look too heavy but it was large.

"Excuse me Miss Annie but this was just delivered and it's addressed to you. Where should I place this for you?" Popping his head to the side in able to see her. Annie was taken aback. For her? She usually never had anything that big addressed to her. Now her curiosity got the best of her.

Shaking her head, "Uh, yes um, anywhere you wish Oliver, thank you. Are you sure it's for me?  What's in it?" Asking as she slowly approached the package he set on her small coffee table. A part of her didn't want to open it and the other part was excited.

"It's not my business to open your mail miss, as soon as it arrived I signed for it and it was addressed specifically for you." Oliver relied politely.

Annie nodded at him in understanding.

"Thank you Oliver. I will be leaving shortly to the office, just incase anybody comes asking for me." Oliver smiled and made his way out her door. Annie was left in her room with this mysterious box all alone.

Reluctantly touching the top with both hands she read the outside "Maison Des Fleurs", it read "House of Flowers".... A black envelope was attached to the top of the box, taking it off and opening in quickly, Annie's breath caught in her throat and chills ran up her spine as she read what it said:

"You may be out of my sight, but never out of my mind...
I hope you are feeling better." -J. J

The short letter and black envelope slipped out of Annie's hand without her realizing it. Starring ahead, shell shocked she numbly sat on the lounge chair nearest the table.  Her stance rigid and stiff, a thousand emotions were running through her. She was speechless, and didn't know what to think.