Pt 4 Chapter 29 - A special anniversary

Y/n's POV

For our anniversary Natasha and I decided to go on a little trip for a few days. We were renting a little apartment in the old part of Edinburgh in Scotland. It had always been a place I'd wanted to visit as it was just gorgeous. Harriet would be staying with Steve who kindly offered to look after her. Obviously she was super excited to have a "sleepover" with her uncle Steve. He was so good with her that I had no worries about leaving them.

We got up bright and early and made our way about the compound as quietly as possible, trying not to wake Haz up just yet. As always Natasha did triple checks on everything but at least that way I knew I hadn't forgotten anything. When we were finally ready we went to kiss Haz goodbye.

She was snuggled up in her bed when we went to see her but soon woke up with a gentle nudge.

"Morning pumpkin." Natasha whispered.

"We're going now."

Harriet sat up and gave Natasha a massive hug, she was definitely a mama's girl. Natasha squeezed her tightly before giving her a kiss. I kissed her next and she smiled. Her eyes were still full of sleep as she settled back down into bed.

"I love you." I whispered as we got up.

"I love you more." She mumbled.back. I looked at Natasha who was grinning widely.

"Be good baby." She said as we shut the door. I was surprised there was no fuss or bother from her, usually kids kick up a fuss when parents leave. I guess we just got lucky with our little girl.

We packed the car and drove to the airport. We kept our sun glasses on and didn't take too much as we really weren't in the mood to be bothered. It was still dark outside when we got on the plane. I was sat closest to the window. Natasha held onto my hand as we took off. Once we were in the air I rested my head on her shoulder and quickly fell asleep as I was still tired. I assumed Natasha had fallen asleep too as I woke up an hour later when she yawned. I looked at her and she still had sleep in her eyes.

"Morning Darling." I yawned. We were still holding hands, our fingers were still interlocked. I glanced out the window, it was lighter now.

The time seemed to fly by from there and we were in Scotland in no time. The uk still felt like home for the most part and we always looked forward to when we could visit. Natasha helped to get my bag down and handed it to me before we exited the plane. After getting our bags we got a taxi to the apartment. As we passed through the city I took in the blurred scenery of old buildings through the foggy windows. It was slightly chilly and mist hung in the air. I had a wool jumper on and Natasha had the same one in a darker colour.

Natasha unlocked the main door and we climbed the stairs to the apartment at the top. The door was a hard wood with a shiny brass handle. I pushed it open as Nat dragged the final bag down the corridor. It opened into a little corridor and at the end I could see a little dining table. There was a small chandelier that lit up the corridor with a warm glow. Natasha followed me through the corridor as we wheeled our bags in. The door closed behind us and she let out a sigh.

We opened the first door, it was the bathroom. The opposite door was the bedroom. It had a window outside and the bed had black metal frames with brass accents. It smelt slightly of cinnamon and made me smile. Natasha went to put the kettle on to make us a drink. I moved through into the living area, a shared front room, dinning room and kitchen. There was a window seat with a large window. I sat down on it, feeling the cold from the foggy glass. I used the sleeve of my jumper to wipe it enough for me to see. It had started to drizzle and little puddles collected on the roofs. I could see the stone buildings that surrounded us, tower looking buildings were a few houses away and just outside the window was a little flat area. Natasha came over to sit beside me. She wrapped her arms around me and gazed out the widow. She was warm, somehow she never had cold hands. I however often had cold hands. So she held mine in hers and I felt the warmth run through me. It filled me and immediately I felt any tight muscles relax. She lent in and her lips brushed against mine. One of her hands came up to hold my face as we kissed softly.