twenty-six

"Ow- Mando, stop pulling-"

"I wouldn't have to pull if you would just sit still-"

"I am trying to sit still, you're just surprisingly bad at this. Seriously, don't you cut your own hair?"

Mando sighed, readjusting his grip on the scissors so that he could try again.

They were all in the cockpit of the Razor Crest, with the kid in one passenger seat, and Fae sat in the other. She sat sideways, her back against one arm rest and her legs strewn over the one opposite, with Mando stood behind her as he attempted to give the girl a haircut; which wasn't going as well as one would have hoped. In fact, during the first five minutes, he had struggled so much to hold the small scissors that he had ended up just taking both of his gloves off and throwing them onto the pilot's chair.

"Yeah, I do, but this isn't the same thing," He defended himself as he snipped off another lock of ginger hair, "Also, you should probably take into consideration the fact that when I cut my hair, I do it knowing nobody's gonna see it."

Fae's eyebrows scrunched, and she resisted tilting her head back to look at him, as she asked, "So?"

"So...maybe I wasn't the best person to ask to do this," Mando pointed out, with a small chuckle in his voice.

Fae nodded sarcastically, "Oh, yeah, right, because there are countless other people to do it instead- ow!"

"Sorry, sorry, sorry," He hurried out, actually holding his hands up slightly in a form of surrender, "But you're done now, I think...I hope..."

The girl jumped up wordlessly, hurrying over to the Child to quickly snatch the metallic ball from his tiny fingers. Fae's morphed reflection stared back at her as she ran her spare hand through the short curls atop her head, pulling one lock of it straight so that she could inspect it's length. Once satisfied, she returned the ball back to the possession of the whimpering baby, and whispered a quiet, "Sorry, buddy," as she tickled the top of his head for a second.

When she span around, she found Mando sweeping up the last few strands of orange up off the floor, and declared, "It'll do." Under the helmet, the man rolled his eyes as he sighed once again and turned to give her the look -- the look which didn't require Fae to actually see in order for her to sense it. "Kidding, kidding!" Now it was her who held up her hands in defense, "You did a good job...do you want a gold star?"

"Funny," He stated humorlessly, pulling on his gloves once again. However, in middle of sliding the second one back into place, he froze and was a silent for a second. Fae didn't notice, very used to Mando being wordless, and returned back to her seat as if nothing was wrong. She only turned to look at him when he spoke again, saying, "Y'know what I find weird about you?"

The girl glanced up at him, watching as he slowly sat down in is chair, with a smile on her face as she quipped, "I imagine it's hard to pick just one thing."

Mando smiled, but didn't laugh, as he casually replied, "Almost impossible, but I managed to settle on...the fact that you've never really asked me anything. About myself, I mean." Fae scoffed and frowned at him, shrugging incredulously.

"That's the weirdest thing? Okay...moving on, do people usually interrogate you? Sorry for not upholding the standard," She said, jokingly.

"Mandalorians are hard to come by," He reasoned, "People usually have something to ask, like...a name, or something."

Fae looked at him pointedly before saying, "I mean, sure, I was curious of a few things once we'd left Nevarro...but you wouldn't have answered. Also, to make this fair, you barley know anything about me, either -- and don't even get me started on the kid."