49 | my love puts ghibli films to shame

FORTY-NINE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

the winter air softly whispered strings of pleasantries onto her porcelain skin that was warmly hugged by the fabric of her light brown trench coat.

the girl rubbed her hands together, blowing warm air onto her occupied palms to create some sort of refuge for her cold skin.

before leaving the hotel, she went to her shared room with hanuka and ichigo and took a coat with her. despite the obvious opportunity to change clothes, she wasn't really given enough time by the blonde setter from nekoma, so she just took a coat and went downstairs in her socks and slides. at the reception area, she asked the receptionist of they could hold onto of her stuffed toy until she checked out, to which the politely agreed to.

she glanced down at the takeout she had gotten from the coffee shop she passed by as she was walking and took a sip of her iced coffee. she was drowned in the incredibly cold winter air and her just-gone fever but she still had the strength to drink cold coffee.

she spotted the familiar hotel that nekoma was checked in and walked towards it. she then saw kenma.

"you came.." kenma murmured underneath his breath once ymari entered his peripheral vision.

kenma kozume was in his nekoma winter tracksuit set. his feet were adorned in long iconic black socks that went over his pants and a pair of black slides. his hands were tucked inside his pockets to shield them from the cold. knowing that the girl's hotel was just a ten minute walk from his hotel, he escaped his room a few minutes earlier once yma-chan sent him the go-signal that she was on her way.

he stood up from his seat on the bench perched in front of the hotel and waited for ymari to come over.

"didn't think i'd show?" she asked, going over to the boy's side. "you know i never disappoint."

kenma just huffed lightly, "you didn't watch my game today."

she rolled her eyes at him, "hey, i was preoccupied. y'know if i wasn't, i would be there in a flash."

kenma didn't prod on it much longer. she told him previously that she was going to be busy today. despite him wanting to ask exactly what got her preoccupied, he just nodded timidly and then held onto her trench coat. remembering what he asked her here for, he said, "let's go."

ymari nodded and let the boy guide her inside the hotel. it was simple-looking. it was a far cry from what her team's grand hotel was, but she didn't really pay much attention to details. nekoma was a very rich school, but they managed to only afford a simple, not-so expensive place for their sports team. they're thrifty.

"she's visiting." kenma told the receptionist who just nodded with a smile.

"your room, right?" ymari asked as they walked upstairs.