31. crimson red

five of the wolves were up and trudging through the dark forest that laid in front of them even at the peak of the night and harshest of the climates.

they had no time to stop, not a second to waste, for they feared that it might cost them a precious life.

when jungkook was up and ready to go for baekje without a second thought, they hadn't let him leave alone.

hoseok, yoongi, jimin and even namjoon had joined him, for taehyung was family to all of them.

the departure had lots of uncertainties, especially to namjoon who had to be away from his pregnant mate. but seokjin hadn't stopped his alphas decision, instead just kissed him and told namjoon to come back to him safely.

so now they are running miles and miles, through the same path they had took months back, but with a different mission this time.

and to one among them it wasn't just a mission, rather something that'll decide his entire life,
but it wouldn't be a justice to state it like that too.

to jungkook, there is nothing more he wants right now than to see his beloved, for every part of him fears, "what if he gets there too late?".

but he knows,

something inside him feels taehyung,

that he is waiting for him.

that taehyung needs him.

and jungkook, with the last breath in him wouldn't allow them to take away another of his loved ones.

as far as now getting to baekje seemed to be the easiest part, which the troupe of five had covered within two and half days of nonstop travel.

baekje wasn't the same as the last time they had came here.

it was worse.

the entire kingdom seemed to be heavily guarded with guards in their respective uniforms littered everywhere.
and that had made the five of them to hide in the outskirts until another nightfall- then them traveled the rest by foot, camouflaged by their dark attire and the hollowness of night.

they were now on one of the shabby pubs to quench their hunger.

jungkook had downed a glass of beer, rasping his throat, still feeling restless as he has been the entire day.
no matter where he went, people were either talking about the omega prince or the cruelties of their king and his alpha son.

it was no different in the pub too.

there were many troubled souls there in the thinly veiled darkness of night, out here to drink away their sorrows.

across the bar was an old father, drunken out of his senses but still crying as he drank cups after cups of alcohol.

"prince daejung had took away his omega daughter today" he heard someone say with their sympathetic eyes towards the father and the insinuation behind it wasn't lost to jungkook.

"-heard the guards say the king captured the omega prince. i wonder if they killed that poor soul-" jungkooks hand had impossibly tightened around the glass in his hand, pretty sure left a dent on it as he abruptly stood up throwing coins on the counter as he barged outside, the rest four soon following after him.

once outside and the cold air hit jungkooks face, the alpha looked up at the star-less sky,
his eyes may have shone with unshed tears but no one saw it,
and then they had resumed the journey up the hill on top which the palace of baekje stays.

but it had seemed like luck was not on their side.

the palace seemed to have increased their security, they couldn't even get close without risking guards noticing them.
they were lost, for it was clear that it wont be as easy as getting away with taehyung like the first time.