50 | chemistry jokes

FIFTY. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

the sun had barely risen when ymari shekinah seinaru's body clock struck five.

the protagonist's senses were slowly coming to consciousness as she opened her eyes, only to be met with a dimly-lit room, with only the light of the barely-risen sun seeping through the half-closed blinds.

she felt something heavy on her waist. looking down, she saw that kenma's arm was draped over her waist while he was snuggled against her neck. she could feel his soft, steady breathing against the base of her neck while his nose pressed onto her shoulder blades.

quietly, as to not wake the blonde boy up, she removed his arm from her waist and replaced it with a fluffy pillow. the boy's nose scrunched at the sudden loss of the warmth but hugged the cold pillow nonetheless.

she slightly smiled at kenma. seeing him so peaceful like this reminded her of the nights they spent video chatting while they played games together and eventually fell asleep with the calls still on.

she went to the bathroom and did her business, also using listerine to clean her mouth from possible morning breath— which she doesn't have by the way.

when she got out of the bathroom, she tucked kenma under the sheets and pressed a quick kiss onto her fingers, then relaying it onto his forehead.

she took her belongings from the bedside table and sent him a text, saying that she already left and that she'd see him a bit later today. she went over to grab her coat and her shoes, and then put them on.

she opened the door, taking one last look at the sleeping kenma before she left, locking it behind her so that only kenma would be able to open it from the inside.

she pulled a piece of scrunchie from her pocket and tied her hair up into a messy bun. she held her coat close to her body as she descended the quiet stairs of the hotel.

it was eerily silent. it seems as though people in this hotel usually didn't wake up at this hour. she checked her phone again— 5:12 AM— and put it back in her pocket. yeah, it's way too early.

once she had descended the stairs, she opted to go to the vending machine she had briefly seen last night to grab herself a cold iced coffee before she left, as most cafe's would still be closed at this hour.

she went over the machine and dropped a coin. however, just when she was about to pick a beverage, someone had beat her to it.

"do you depend on regular doses of 1,3,7 trimethylxanthine?"

she instantly recognized the voice. she chuckled lightly. "yes."

"ohayō" the tall boy leaned against the vending machine.