The Red Dragon 09

A newly hatched black dragon egg immediately experienced suffering in the hands of humans.

Just when he was a month old, he was suddenly put into near-death experience as he was lashed by whips unknown of why they were doing it. He knew for himself that he had done absolutely nothing to provoke anyone.

But why do they mock and hurt him?

Venion Stan, who always appeared during his torture brought an unforgettable scar to the young dragon as days gone by.

For two months, three months and four months of suffering.

The nameless one felt like he shouldn't have been born if he would end up like this as soon as he opened his eyes to see the world.

"Dammit. I'm so damn late." The voice spoke, his tone sounding with anger that made his ears perk. He pretended to sleep as he listened to the curses of the new voice he's never heard of before. "How dare they do this, you're still a hatchling." The voice spoke again.

The little dragon curled more, trying to make himself invisible to this new person's eyes, or he might become his person of interest to hurt. The black dragon, wanted to avoid that as much as possible.

"The magic restraints are annoying. I can't even break the chain."

The stranger spoke again.

"Hang in there blackie. Guess, I have no choice but to wait for him to save you out of here." The voice spoke now softly, soothing that it slowly made him feel that this person won't actually hurt him.

If the black dragon were to guess, this stranger is probably talking to him. "I have herbs here that works on deep wounds." He felt a touch on his bleeding skin, making him jolt up and jump away.

As soon as his bright blue eyes looked up he saw a kid with red hair, an ointment in his hand looking back at him with bright green gaze so innocent it erased the cruel faces he had in his nightmares.

The boy with red hair smiled in front of him kindly. Something he's never seen anyone make face before as his little dragon heart raced. Both reptilian eyes looking at one another.

"Don't be scared. I'm sorry I came unprepared" he whispered. "But I promise, someone with red hair like me will come and save you."

He explained.

"But while you're here, we're going to lessen that pain of yours." The little redhead frowned in deep thought. His eyes on the little black dragon who was watching him cautiously. "I should kill him. You know, Venion." He hummed.

The black dragon, who will be named Raon in the future, turned to the older red dragon.

"Guess he's your prey, huh?" The boy hummed. "Father said, it's going to be bad for dragons if they harm someone else's target."

Raon stared at him, not responding but only stared.

"I don't really know if you can understand me right now or not. But whichever is good. I'm just going to put this ointment and will create  an hallucinogen in the entrance to make them see what they want to see when inside."

"Also, always be careful okay? You're doing great right now. You did well." The child pats his smooth head that made him somehow comply. The familiar feeling to this redheaded kid made him lose his guard.

The black dragon closed his eyes and rubbed himself to his hand quietly. First time in four months... this was the first time someone came to looked at him kindly, pet his head and became gentle with him. It was too overwhelmingly unexpected that small sobs suddenly escaped his unspeaking lips.