Chapter 15・Trials

"Ok since everyone is ready, follow me," Kenko said leading the everyone to Zeref's base. They all followed Kenko till they saw a huge forest. "How long have we been walking?" Rogue asked. "About 3 hours," Kenko replied.

"3!? How long till we get there?" Gajeel asked dumbfounded. "I have bad news for you, we'll arrive there tomorrow..." Kenko said with a sweat drop.

"So your dragged us out here on a mission to kill Zeref, and we're not even going to arrive to his base till tomorrow?... Ok I'm out," Erza said as she started to walk back to where they came from. "Erza please... don't go. We need you, you're a strong fighter and we need someone like that," Lucy pleaded.

"Yeah Erza, this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance that you can beat demon asses. Are you gonna let that chance go?" Jellal asked.

"Fine, but once we all get back, each of you guys are getting me cake," Erza demanded. Everyone nodded to the agreement and walked into the forest.

6 hours has passed and everyone's almost through the large forest.

"I think we need a rest guys, if we get there without any energy, we'll lose that battle. We should just camp here for today and continue tomorrow," Gray suggested. Everyone agreed and set out the camp for them to rest.

It was about 7:00 PM and everyone sat down around the fire telling ghost, funny, sad, and romantic stories.

"I wish we had marshmallows then it would feel like we're all camping," Levy said with a smile. "Well then I guess it's a good thing I brought marshmallows and graham crackers," Yukino said taking out the food from her bag.

"Yukino you're such a life savior! We can eat!" Sting yelled enthusiasticly. Everyone all made their s'mores until they were stuffed.

"So demons can eat normal food other than blood too?" Yukino asked. "Yep, but they don't keep us alive. They just give us the taste and the fullness, but we can't survive with them. Our body's going to start craving blood, and if we avoid it, we'll lose our minds and can't control our bodies," Lucy responded finishing up her s'mores.

"Well I guess it's still a good thing that you can taste normal food," Yukino said throwing away the stick for her s'mores. "I guess..." Lucy said while yawning.

"We should all get some sleep and save our energies for tomorrow's battle," Kenko suggested. Without any words, they all fell asleep in an instant.

Sting's POV

I opened my eyes and realized that I was at home in my bed. That's weird, last time I remembered I was in the forest on my way to Zeref's base or whatever. Guess that was all just a dream.

I got up from my bed and once I touched the ground, it was wet. I looked at the ground and was petrified at the sight of blood.

"W-where did all this b-blood come from???" I stuttered as I looked up to see Lucy. Her hands covered in blood.

"Lucy? W-what happened h-here? Where's Natsu? H-how'd you get here?" as I asked her all these questions, she slowly started to walk towards me.

"Everyone's dead Sting. All of you failed to kill Zeref, and I had no other choice but to kill everyone just to save my parents," she said as she smiled. Dead! How can she kill our friends so easily!?

"Now it's your turn to die. Come over here, it won't hurt too much. I'll do it quick and slightly painful," she said as she held my neck and started to choke me.