Chapter 16・Trickster

As Natsu, Erza, and Kenko charged at the dragon, the dragon grew vines around him to repel their attacks.

"Damn! I forgot that he's elemental," Natsu said as he tried to punch through the vines with fire on his hands.

"What did you say was the thing that can beat this dragon?" Natsu asked as he was suddenly whipped and slammed at the walls.

"Natsu!" Kenko yelled distracted.

Her distraction caused her to get slammed into the wall by the dragon's tail.

"Kenko!" Erza yelled and looked back at the dragon. "You'll pay for this!" she yelled as she transformed into her Heaven's Wheel Armor.

She charged at the vines protecting the dragon and used Blumenblatt to slice the vines.

One slice of the her swords caused the vines to drop on the ground revealing the dragon.

"Swords can kill the dragon. I remember.." Erza said as she looked at Kenko running and plunged her sword into the dragon's eye.

The dragon shrieked in agony as Kenko pulled out her sword, retrieving the dragon's eye attached to her sword.

"That will teach you not to slam me again" Kenko smirked.

"Natsu can you get up!?" Kenko yelled as Natsu got up from the ground. "Hell yeah I can," he responded.

"Take care if Zeref, we'll handle this!" Kenko informed him.

"What about you and Erza? I can't just leave you here," Natsu said.

"Only swords can cut through this dragon. Nothing else will work on him, so just go and save Lucy's parents" Erza told him.

Natsu nodded as he ran toward the exit, however, he halted.

"Hey!" he yelled.

Erza and Kenko looked at him.

"Don't you go dying on me!" he smiled at them and left.

"It won't be easy to kill us right Erza?" Kenko said looking at Erza. "Definitely not. Now shall we go kill this dragon?" Erza asked getting a nod from Kenko.

As Natsu opened Zeref's door he saw Zeref looking at 2 bodies.

Zeref turned around to see Natsu. "Ah Natsu, the boy that my Lucy fell for. Are you ready to suffer later?" Zeref asked.

"I think you mean you suffering," Natsu yelled and lunged into Zeref using Fire Dragon's Roar.

Zeref disappeared from that attack. "What a heat! Too bad it won't have nothing against me," Zeref said as he used Death Wave.

Everything that surrounded the room grew dark. As the wave hit Natsu, he fell unconscious, leaving his scarf black.

・~・~・~・~・

While Gray, Rogue, and Gajeel charged at the demons, Lucy charged halfway through them and stopped to hide behind one of the boulders. The other 3 didn't realize Lucy wasn't with them to charge at the demons because they were too focused on defeating them.