Beloved - Barbatos

A/n: Quick belated story for Barbatos' birthday ^^
@kiowrites_

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

"As you all know, Barbatos' birthday is coming up soon. And I would like to celebrate it! So tell me, what should we do to make his birthday party absolutely spectacular?" Diavolo asked.

"Ooh! Ooh! We can rent out a club and party all night!" Asmo jumped up.

"Aw hell yeah! I'll bring out the demonus!" Mammon joined in.

"Ugh...you normies and your partying is such a headache." Levi rolled his eyes.

"Don't you two think Barbatos would prefer a more intimate party?" Satan said.

"I agree. You know Barbatos isn't one for over-the-top celebrations." Lucifer said.

"What if we make a big cake? And we could add a bunch of chocolate and strawberries to it." Beel was drooling at the thought of it.

"You know if we do end up making a big cake you can't eat it all, right?" Belphie warned.

"Aw...okay." Beel pouted.

"Uh...maybe we could have a small party at the castle and invite the purgatory hall boys. And I guess we could get a piñata or two for fun." You suggested.

"Wonderful idea! But...what's a piñata?" Diavolo asked.

"Omgheissuchaboomer." Levi muttered under his breath.

Lucifer caught what he said and immediately smacked Levi's head. Everyone was laughing while Diavolo stood there more confused than he originally was.

After further planning and explaining to Diavolo what a piñata is, everything went into motion and the preparations started with a bang. Of course, you were left in charge of distracting Barbatos for the time being.

And that proved to be more difficult than you thought it would be.

"As much as I love spending time with you, what is the real reason you wanted to go out so suddenly?" Barbatos asked.

"N-No particular reason!" You stuttered

"Oh? So you aren't planning on surprising me with something?" He teased.

"N-Nope! It's just...you've been busy lately and I just miss your company." You said.

"I apologize. Time has not been on my side lately..." Barbatos said.

You wanted to ask him what he meant but decided not to push him as it seemed to be a rather difficult topic to talk about.

"That's okay Barb...at least we could spend some time now." You slid your hand into his.

Though it wasn't official, it was obvious you two shared the same feelings for each other.

Barbatos instantly felt warm the moment you held his hand. He smiled and kissed your hand before continuing your little shopping adventure.

A while later, he revived a message from Diavolo.

"Ah...it seems like the young master needs me to return. I'm so sorry, but it seems like we shall have to put this venture to an end" Barbatos frowned.

"Aw...That's okay. Why don't I walk you to the castle? That way we could spend a bit more time together." You offered. Barbatos happily obliged and you went on your merry way.

Once you've arrived Barbatos opened the door and was greeted by darkness. All the lights were out and you couldn't make out where anything was. Barbatos entered cautiously, expecting something to pop out any moment.