Diagon Alley

A few days later, a reply to my letter came, from a different, smaller owl, while I was at breakfast. It had scared Drew by landing in front of her. I opened it laughing. It was in blue ink this time and was a different style of handwriting. It was also written in Greek, which I was thankful for. 

Dear Miss Black,

My apologies for the confusion. I will come and retrieve you myself on 30 July at 6 am New York time to take you to Diagon Alley, where you will be able to get your supplies. I will also arrange for you to get to London to catch the Hogwarts Express on 1 September, which will take you to school. I look forward to meeting you.

Yours Sincerely,

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Headmaster

It sucked that I had to wait so long until I got to get my stuff, it was only July 7.

When the day finally came, I waited near the barrier with Chiron, Annabeth and Silena, waiting for Dumbledore to show up. At 9:01, a loud CRACK sounded, and an old man appeared out of thin air. He was very strange indeed. He was tall and thin, with silver hair and beard so long that they could be tucked into his belt. He had a very long and crooked nose that looked as if it had been broken at least twice and his eyes, behind half-moon glasses, were blue. He wore what I could only assume to be wizard robes, these a pretty shade of purple. He gave off an aura that was serene and ethereal.

"Good morning." The man said. "I am Albus Dumbledore. I assume that you are the legendary Chiron."

Chiron smiled and bowed. "I am. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood, Mr. Dumbledore."

"Please, call me Albus. Ah, Miss Black. It is good to see you again. The last time we met, you were only 8 months old." Dumbledore smiled kindly, reminding me of a grandfather.

"It's a pleasure to meet you sir."

"And who are these lovely young ladies?"

"This is my half-sister, Silena Beauregard, and my best friend Annabeth Chase."

Dumbledore smiled warmly at them. "I apologize for stealing Miss Black for the day."

"it's alright." Silena said. "She's not missing much. Just training."

I hugged Silena and Annabeth before hesitantly crossing the barrier. Even just going near it made me nervous, as I haven't left the camp since I first came here.

Dumbledore turned to Chiron. "I will return her by midafternoon at the latest." He promised. "It is almost noon in London."

Chiron nodded. "Be careful, Pandora." He said to me and I nodded.

"Pandora, take my arm please." Dumbledore held out his arm and I looped it through and suddenly, it was like I was being sucked through a shower drain. When the world went back to normal, I was panting and bent over a bit, my stomach churning. "You alright, child?" Dumbledore asked.

I took in a few deep breaths. "I'll be fine." I said.

"I probably should have warned you. What we just did was called Apparating, I suppose you could call it Teleportation. You did quite well for your first. Most people tend to vomit the first time." I nodded. I could see why. "Now, your mother came to me the other night and told me you already had a wand." I nodded again, straightening up now that I had my breath back. "May I see it?" I nodded and pulled it out of my jacket pocket. Silena managed to place a wand sized pocket into some of my jackets. I held it out and Dumbledore looked amazed.

"My mom had it made on Olympus. She used Applewood and placed a rose petal from her garden in as the core."

Dumbledore smiled. "Apple, Roses, and Pearls. All symbols of Aphrodite if I'm not mistaken."