【13】

After obtaining the recent details, I wasn't expecting anything anymore because I thought no new information would help me in bettering my situation

After obtaining the recent details, I wasn't expecting anything anymore because I thought no new information would help me in bettering my situation. But I was totally wrong. My hope was rekindled once again on hearing Sayuri's words.

"Can you please repeat what you just said ?" Not believing my ears, I asked her to do it one more time.

Heeding to my request, Sayuri repeated the same statement in a low but audible voice as to be not overheard by any sharp ears.

"As I said earlier, I may have not seen any girl like you described but I have definitely seen different girls with the Sakamaki brothers every now and then. Strangely, the girls keep on changing every few months but what's more strange is that whenever a new girl comes, the previous one just disappears in thin air like she never existed." Sayuri finished explaining with a grim look in her eyes.

Taking in all the details, I realised that despite not seeing any such scene in the anime/game , the newfound information still seemed familiar to me like I have seen something that somehow connects to this situation and that's when it hit me.

Tlhat scene where Kanato brings Yui to his special place, the place filled with wax figurines, who in fact were corpses of the previous sacrificial brides.

The scene didn't affect me that much while watching anime but now that I think about how those figurines are real and going to the same school as me, gives me chills.

"Irina-chan, are you okay ? You are looking pale." Sayuri asked in a worried tone, concerned why did I suddenly go silent.

"Yes yes , I am fine. Lets go back, class will begin anytime soon now." Getting up we both started walking back to our respective classroom.

"Oh yeah, thank you Sayuri for helping me with the questions." I decided to express my gratitude as making her realise how helpful she was, would make it easier to gain her trust and more information.

Sayuri was more useful than expected, if it weren't for her providing me extra information about the other girls I would still be stuck over in the mud.

"No problem, if you have any other questions feel free to ask me. By the way Irina-chan, if its not a hassle, would you please tell me why were you asking about the Sakamaki brothers ?"

I knew it already that asking these type of questions suddenly would arise curiosity, so I had already prepared an answer for it. I know I can deny it too, but it will only lead to suspicion.

"Oh you see, my parents are friends with Mr Reinhart Sakamaki and they also told me about their sons being enrolled here, so I just wanted to know how they are like."

Since Karlheinz is acting as a politician in disguise, it would not be surprising if the parents of the students attending here were friendly with him. After all its a prestigious school, so children from affluent family are bound to come here.

"Oh I see, but even if your family is close with them, I think it would be better if you keep your distance Irina-chan. The Sakamaki brothers have a lot of fans, I am afraid they will try to come after you and also I don't like their vibes, it just doesn't feel right." Sayuri replied in an uneasy tone, worried about my safety.

I was stunned to hear her answer, I never imagined anyone sensing something off about the brothers, more less from someone like her. Isn't she supposed to be mob character ? How did she figure it out ?

"What do you mean by not feeling rig-" Before I could finish my sentence, the bell rang indicating that the class have started. Students started rushing to their classes, Sayuri too left after bidding me goodbye and telling me to continue this during the lunchbreak. I walked to my classroom, while my brain was still puzzled by all the information I have received.

As usual, instead of focusing on what was going on in the lecture, I was busy resolving my new problems and doubts.

From all the things I learnt, I can make out that despite Yui not being here, it is still the plot of Diabolik lovers. The original anime started when Yui arrived at the mansion, although it was never shown, there were still hints about how there were other sacrificial brides before Yui.

The most important was the presence of the wax figures and also how there was already room and clothes for girls.

Listing all the things, I arrive at the conclusion that I am in the past, before the beginning of the actual anime plot. So there is still time for Yui to appear.

Now this is where the problem arises, I have no idea what kind of events took place and how the brothers behaved before Yui's arrival.

All this time, I thought I would be able to survive because they would be focused on Yui but now that she is not here it would be much tougher.

I can only pray that anyone of the sacrificial brides have blood delicious enough to keep the brothers engaging and not look for other food sources.

Another thing that keeps bothering me is Sayuri's reply, she should be ignorant about the brothers actions because that's the setting of the anime/game. Since its reversed harem and based upon a dating game, mob characters should have no effect on the plotline.

Ever since I entered the DL world, I have started noticing things and events that never happened in the actual anime but are still taking place. Keeping those things in mind can I still regard this place as some setting for the anime ? I don't think so.

Even if I do regard this as some kind of anime setting and all the other people except for the brothers and the heroine as mob characters then,

What does that make me ? What role do I play here ?
Am I a mob character too ? Does my existence really mean anything here ?

What does that make me ? What role do I play here ? Am I a mob character too ? Does my existence really mean anything here ?