Chapter 2 - Just An Extra Character

For Skyla, manga was an escape from her hellhole of a reality. Since she didn't have the permission to use her laptop or phone for anything other than studying, she never got the chance to look at any anime adapted from the manga books she used to read. However, skillfully hiding manga behind her textbook and pretending to study was her favourite pastime. 

'Tokyo Revengers?' She thought while looking at the manga for the first time. 'Hmm.. I'll give it a try.' 

After she started reading the manga, she was hooked from the very first chapter. Lots of tears and laughter later, she finished all the volumes that had come out in one go, staying up all night. It was probably the only time her mother wouldn't disturb her. 

'Damn.. this was a good manga.. but now I feel all empty inside.'  She sighs, knowing the feeling of emptiness after finishing a good manga all too well. 'I can't wait for the next volume.'

'But middle schoolers getting into fights, being part of gangs and even killing people, that's quite unrealistic. I wonder where they got the idea from.'  She slightly chuckles and dozes off to sleep.

[ A/N: Girl, you about to see it for yourself XD ] 

Me and Sakura have already reached the exit when the realisation finally hits me. 

'It's the real Tokyo Revengers! OMG I need to confirm it one more time!'

I tell Sakura that I left something behind and hurriedly go back. Hiding behind a wall, I look at the people there. Mikey, Takemicchi, Mitsuya, Peh-yan, Emma, Hinata... I can't even say they're a lookalike anymore. It is really them. 

My second life is as a character in Tokyo Revengers! 

'Judging by the time and place, it must be the Moebius arc. This means that the festival me and Sakura wanted to go to was the same one where Draken gets stabbed... I'm so confusedㅠㅠ What am I supposed to do?'

.

.

.

'Wait a minute.. I don't really need to do anything, do I? I can just keep my distance without involving myself with gangs!  Enjoy the life I've always wanted happily.'

.

.

'But I am kinda curious about what happens next since the ending was not yet out when I died.. Maybe I can observe them from afar? Since I'm just an extra character here, it shouldn't really have an affect on things.'

I finally sigh at peace, having reached a conclusion.

As the crowd cheers after hearing the doctor say that the surgery was a success, Mikey quietly takes his leave.

'This is the scene where he goes to cry alone by himself...'  

My eyes follow Mikey but before I realise, he is right in front of me.

"Do you need something?" He glances at my suspicious-looking figure hiding behind the wall.