nine - target

an: i know it's been a minute lmao but here you go and rEMEMBER THIS DOESN'T REFLECT REAL LIFE LAUREN OKAY ENJOY

Camila's roaming through Lauren's mind the next morning as she and Dinah walk to a nearby store for some necessities. In Dinah's case, it's a new outfit and some foundation of sorts, for Lauren, it's a hoodie. Hers has Camila's scent etched into it and sometimes that makes it painful to wear (other times, it's cathartic, but whatever).

Lauren's not sure of anything these days, and Camila's one that sticks out like a (very attractive) sore thumb.

Even when she's not thinking of Camila she's thinking of Camila, whether that be the way her hair always smells like coconut or her kisses always taste like watermelon gum or how when they'd share a bed Camila would hold her close and kiss her head and rub her back and she felt like nothing could ever hurt her.

She kicks at the ground as she and Dinah walk, the younger girl's singing some random pop song under her breath, Lauren thinks it's See You Again by Charlie Puth.

It reminds her of the night a couple of weeks back when she and the girls were all hanging out backstage and Dinah and Camila started an impromptu game of song guessing, taking Dinah's phone and picking random songs for the other one to guess.

Camila at one point started singing One Call Away, at first in her signature perfect Camila Cabello style and then switching to completely belting it at the top of her lungs with Dinah.

Their manager got reasonably pissed, worried that they were going to fuck up their voices, but the show went on as planned and their game had no impact on anything.

Lauren huffs to herself, practically hearing Camila singing in her ear even though the brunette is back at the hotel.

Truly, if she weren't trying to make up for ditching Dinah at the bar last night, she wouldn't be on this trip right now. She'd much rather still be with Camila, asleep in her arms and pretending ninety percent of her problems don't exist.

(The ten percent that does exist is probably that she's with Camila in the first place, but she's not going to complain about that.)

She and Dinah stop in front of a Target and walk inside, and Lauren lets Dinah lead the way. She's never really sure of these places, but Dinah always seems to figure out the best ways to get around.

"There are hoodies over there," Dinah says, pointing to a rack displaying different sweatshirts and sweaters and hoodies.

Lauren nods, "Thanks, DJ."

Dinah disappears to some other clothes and Lauren walks over to the hoodies. She runs her fingers along the fabric, both inside and outside, crinkling her nose at some of them.

She's not looking for anything amazing, she's in a Target, but she does at least want something comfortable that won't bother her when she inevitably uses it as a pillow at some point (desperate times call for desperate measures).

She finds one she likes and takes off her coat, slinging it over a bare shelf before pulling the hoodie on. It's cozy enough and not super baggy except for where she wants it to be, but when she pulls the hood on and it fits her head like some kind of glove, her excitement deflates.

She pulls the hoodie off and puts it back nicely, slinging her jacket over her arm as she looks once again.

Her mind swarms with Camila once again, wishing that she could somehow go back to the time where she was stealing Camila's hoodies, she didn't have a lot but Lauren took them anyway.

Her favorite was a San Francisco hoodie Camila bought when they first visited. It was a random long weekend when Lauren finally turned eighteen and they had some time off, not enough to go back home but enough to go on a road trip.